Any fiction readers on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fiction readers on here?

There's a pretty cool book out, Children of the Neon Bamboo. One of the main artifacts of the story is a main characters' custom San Dimas.
    "But, the highlight, the crème de la crème, of his arsenal was his custom, slime green, San Dimas-type guitar, with a Floyd Rose tremolo system bridge, maple neck, and two Seymour Duncan pickups. It was custom built by Charvel when they were just a boutique, custom builder before being bought out by Fender/CBS.
    The art on it? Think Trapper Keeper. On the right side, looking at it, toward the neck were 3/4th inch pink squares connected like a semi-translucent glass floor with thin shaded lines of demarcation, breakpoints between tiles. After about 6 inches, the squares started to separate and fall off. The farther you got to the left, the farther the squares fell. The first few just slightly smaller, recently broken off, by the time the squares got halfway across the guitar, they graduated down to microscopic, looking like they had fallen thousands of feet into a green abyss."

And it comes back into play later in the story, one of the coolest parts actually.

As an avid reader and Charvel player, I really appreciated it.

Here's the book on amazon if you want to check it out, highly recommended:

Children of the Neon Bamboo: B. Glynn Kimmey: 9798988054115: Amazon.com: Movies & TV

It's so good and inspiring, I e-mailed the author, trying to get Charvel to do some kind of sponsorship, but he said he looked into it and that Fender Charv/Jackson has an explicit policy about not approaching about anything like that.

Comment

^ That's too bad when it looks like that book name drops a lot of nostalgic IPs. Kinda reminds me of something I wrote last year, where a side character named 'Lester P.' was long retired from gigging (His band was The Keptoes with a bassist in the band named Gill T.) who had a signature 'single-cut two humbucker' style guitar another character was gifted. In other words I parodied a GIbson LP and The Eagles at the same time without spelling it out.

At least that book got to call out Charvel and Seymour Duncan.
      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
      My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
        ^ That's too bad when it looks like that book name drops a lot of nostalgic IPs. Kinda reminds me of something I wrote last year, where a side character named 'Lester P.' was long retired from gigging (His band was The Keptoes with a bassist in the band named Gill T.) who had a signature 'single-cut two humbucker' style guitar another character was gifted. In other words I parodied a GIbson LP and The Eagles at the same time without spelling it out.

At least that book got to call out Charvel and Seymour Duncan.
        Is your work out there where I can read it?

Comment

Bump for vibe:

Drinkin' in the Sun- -Sunkist is the One (youtube.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Atomicfear View Post
            There's a pretty cool book out, Children of the Neon Bamboo. One of the main artifacts of the story is a main characters' custom San Dimas.
            "But, the highlight, the crème de la crème, of his arsenal was his custom, slime green, San Dimas-type guitar, with a Floyd Rose tremolo system bridge, maple neck, and two Seymour Duncan pickups. It was custom built by Charvel when they were just a boutique, custom builder before being bought out by Fender/CBS.
            The art on it? Think Trapper Keeper. On the right side, looking at it, toward the neck were 3/4th inch pink squares connected like a semi-translucent glass floor with thin shaded lines of demarcation, breakpoints between tiles. After about 6 inches, the squares started to separate and fall off. The farther you got to the left, the farther the squares fell. The first few just slightly smaller, recently broken off, by the time the squares got halfway across the guitar, they graduated down to microscopic, looking like they had fallen thousands of feet into a green abyss."

And it comes back into play later in the story, one of the coolest parts actually.

As an avid reader and Charvel player, I really appreciated it.

Here's the book on amazon if you want to check it out, highly recommended:

Children of the Neon Bamboo: B. Glynn Kimmey: 9798988054115: Amazon.com: Movies & TV
            There was a series of books about a Bard who had a (magical?) guitar. I read them back in the 80's. Might have been the influence for the computer game Bard's Tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomicfear View Post

Is your work out there where I can read it?
              Oh I'm talking fan-fiction, not a published work. Unless you're into Super Mario you might not be interested!
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

Try me. I'm a reader and writer, always willing to read anything. I seek out unique voices

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

There was a series of books about a Bard who had a (magical?) guitar. I read them back in the 80's. Might have been the influence for the computer game Bard's Tale.
                  neat- I'll research it!

Comment

Working...
                  X