Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Charvel pickguards interchangeable with Fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Charvel pickguards interchangeable with Fender?

As the title says... I see that Charvel uses 11 screw holes for their pickguards, just like Fender. But do the screw holes line up where they're interchangeable? I mean, since Fender owns Charvel/Jackson it would make sense.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

there might be some model/year dependence...

first of all I'm assuming by "fender pickguard" we're talking about a strat pickguard with a floyd rose cutout. the normal strat pickguard with the normal strat bridge cutout obviously will not fit on a charvel with a floyd, without modification.

with that out of the way...

the only first hand data point I have is my usa production model socal (2008). the hole pattern is close but not exactly the same as a fender strat. you can get a fender strat pickguard (with floyd cutout) to fit but it's not perfect.

but that's the less obvious problem. the most obvious problem is that fender strat pickguards have a "pointy" lower horn, and charvel pickguards have a rounded horn. putting the pointy horn pickguard on a charvel looks completely wrong to my aesthetic sensibilities.

tldr; IMO you're better off getting a pickguard which is made specifically for a charvel.

Comment

I just bought a 2020+ Pro Mod So-Cal off Reverb and it'll be here next week. WD has great pickguards for it, so problem solved.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I was coming to post about WD pick guards but I see you've got that figured out. From what I've seen and read Fender and Charvel pick guards do not interchange. I have a 2016 So Cal and the previous owner had changed out the pick guard to a B/W/B one from WD.

Comment

I ordered a pickguard from these guys https://www.pickguardplanet.com/pick...arvel-guitars/
          Also had them make it with a HSH routing and it came out perfect.

Comment

They're not generally interchangeable, but you can modify pickguards to a reasonable degree. I've got a bareknuckle pickguard I'm trying to get on my 87 MIJ strat.

Comment

You can always order a pickguard from Warmoth with no screw holes drilled, then use your current pickguard as a template to drill your own.
              You may or may not have to trim the neck pocket area a bit- not too difficult with a Dremel.

Comment

Working...
              X