A few new models from JC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed View Post

They are just out of touch with reality and just look at the numbers. It is a business after all. But as used guitar prices are coming down you can find those fusions and stuff at more reasonable prices now.
    Yeah I wonder how the original Fusions sold. I remember seeing them in the Musician's Friend catalogs at the time but didn't understand what made them different as I didn't even yet know Les Pauls and Strats were different scale lengths. Anyway that said it'd be up to the marketing dept. to create some sort of buzz around them. In my dreamworld it would be a neck-trough or a reissue of the Charvel 750XL would be cool, but a t a price cheaper than the used ones are currently going for as they seem to have gotten out of hand.
    Yeah I have a few Fusions now. Three built from Ebay/ Reverb parts. I think I'm content for the moment unless Jackson were to release something like I've mentioned here.
    Last edited by Dak; 01-20-2024, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

Yeah I wonder how the original Fusions sold. I remember seeing them in the Musician's Friend catalogs at the time but didn't understand what made them different as I didn't even yet know Les Pauls and Strats were different scale lengths. Anyway that said it'd be up to the marketing dept. to create some sort of buzz around them. In my dreamworld it would be a neck-trough or a reissue of the Charvel 750XL would be cool, but a t a price cheaper than the used ones are currently going for as they seem to have gotten out of hand.
      Yeah I have a few Fusions now. Three built from Ebay/ Reverb parts. I think I'm content for the moment unless Jackson were to release something like I've mentioned here.
      If they were to recreate the 750XL to exact specs they would still be at close to 2000 even if made in China. Kinda like the soloists they have now that are made in china are 1500.
      If they were made in somewhere else they would cost even more. Also if they would be made in China the quality would be a gamble at best.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

If they were to recreate the 750XL to exact specs they would still be at close to 2000 even if made in China. Kinda like the soloists they have now that are made in china are 1500.
        If they were made in somewhere else they would cost even more. Also if they would be made in China the quality would be a gamble at best.
        Ugh. Nevermind. Not interested if it would have to be from China. Maybe something in the MJ series but a soloist body instead of an archtop like the 750 was. Since MJ soloist are around $2000 on Sweetwater. Figure out something catchy to call it to differentiate it from the 25.5" scale soloist.

Comment

I shouldn't even post because I'll just sound like a broken record but here goes. Why don't they do a Soloist or Dinky in 24.75" scale?
          I'd also love to see a 24.75" scale Soloist or Dinky. Not many super strats around these days in that scale, except for a couple from Tom Anderson and Caparison at higher prices. Though, Kiesel does offer the Jason Becker Yin Yang in that scale that I just picked up, so that'll hold me over for awhile.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I'd also love to see a 24.75" scale Soloist or Dinky. Not many super strats around these days in that scale, except for a couple from Tom Anderson and Caparison at higher prices. Though, Kiesel does offer the Jason Becker Yin Yang in that scale that I just picked up, so that'll hold me over for awhile.
            I saw that Jason Becker Yin Yang in your thread in the Guitars from other manufacturers section. Looks pretty sweet.

Comment

I saw that Jason Becker Yin Yang in your thread in the Guitars from other manufacturers section. Looks pretty sweet.
              Thanks. It plays great and was just what I was looking for. I got an EBMM Steve Morse Y2D last year that I really like, but I now wish it weren't 25.5" scale! Haha
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Concept RR is just a single hum version of one they put out last year I think. The Soloist with 27 frets is just a new color option of the sparkly blue that came out a while back too. I'm not sure how new those Charvels really are, a lot of them are just small tweaks to the same thing, but that Kelly is bold, I have to hand them that, even if I wouldn't play it.
                Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                My collection also there!

Comment

Why are those reliced San Dimas guitars 1599?

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                    Why are those reliced San Dimas guitars 1599?
                    About the same as those danhagen guitars. Also they are nitro lacquer so that has to add atleast 500 to the price and the reliccing another 500.
                    I checked atleast in EU they are cheaper than the Danhages, 1299vs1599
                    Last edited by ed; 01-24-2024, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X