Need Help Identifying my Jackson Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying my Jackson Please

Hello to all - I am new on here and need help identifying my Jackson.

I traded it for an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 about 4-5 years ago...

I'd like to know what it is and its' approximate worth, as I'd like to sell it...

The guitar is in excellent condition with very minor blemishes...

Also, I am trying to upload or attach photos but it says I'm not authorized...

Thank you, Steve

You need to link pics here from a host such as imgur.com or similar. If not, then a description is needed, like what body shape; Strat, Dinky, Soloist, Kelly, Rhoads, Warrior, etc.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by sjd7767 View Post
      Hello to all - I am new on here and need help identifying my Jackson.

I traded it for an old Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 about 4-5 years ago...

I'd like to know what it is and its' approximate worth, as I'd like to sell it...

The guitar is in excellent condition with very minor blemishes...

Also, I am trying to upload or attach photos but it says I'm not authorized...

Thank you, Steve
      For picture hosting use www.imgur.com and use their provided "BBCode (message boards & forums)" link for the picture.

As Toejam stated, we need to see detailed pictures.

Comment

Okay - I added photos to imgur - does this work now ??? https://imgur.com/a/2dzAEyR

Comment

Bump - Anybody ???

Comment

Bump - Anybody ??? - I'd like to get a ballpark value, as I need to sell it for some extra money... Thanks guys...

Comment

I can see the pictures but I can't identify the model. it's possible it's a mutt?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                I can see the pictures but I can't identify the model. it's possible it's a mutt?
                I know what mutt means but don't understand the context you put it in ??? Can someone elaborate ??? - Thanks

Comment

There was a time when this forum used to not take lightly any newbies who joined the forum just to get a price appraisal only for the user to just disappear since they got the info they needed and have no need to reappear or contribute.

Anyway, the guitar model is a DXMGT. I hope this helps. If we don't see you here again, no hard feelings from me and all the best to you in your life.

Comment

I see the pictures. Mid-2000's DXMGT like NOTP stated. Not hard to identify if you look around a bit. I never cared for the smurf hat head stock on those. When I first saw it I thought it was an SLSMG, but they had the little piranha inlays.
                    Last edited by Razor; 12-14-2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      There was a time when this forum used to not take lightly any newbies who joined the forum just to get a price appraisal only for the user to just disappear since they got the info they needed and have no need to reappear or contribute.

Anyway, the guitar model is a DXMGT. I hope this helps. If we don't see you here again, no hard feelings from me and all the best to you in your life.
                      Thanks for the attention - I see most DXMGT styles have a different head stock, that's what threw me off a bit... Also what would be the year ???

Also - with all respect, I do see your point, I'm a Mopar guy and the same thing happens within those forums as well... But I needed to know it's value because I've hit 9 or so rough patches in a row and need the money from some of my "toys" - I've already sold my drums and next up may be my '77 Les Paul Custom I've owned since I was 14 (42 years ago)... see it here: https://imgur.com/a/CUlKQcq

I like the Jackson but have no love for it, as I do my Les Paul...

Here is my Mopar I've owned since 16 that I am busting my azz to dearly hold on to: https://imgur.com/a/prs3Kys

Thanks guys...

Comment

The DXMGT only came with the 3x3 headstock, so any other headstock would be an anomaly. The closest relative is the DXMG, which was trem-equipped and had a 6-in-line reverse headstock. Perhaps you were looking at images of the DXMG rather than DXMGT.

The year of these 2000s Japanese Jacksons must be identified by detaching the neck from the body and looking for the date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. The general years of product availability would need to be researched in the Jackson catalogs (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US/catalogs.html), starting around the early to mid-2000s.

Thank you for sharing your story. It is clear you have weighed the various considerations about your items and your scenario, and I completely understand the Jackson yielding first to other priorities. I would do the same in your situation. All the best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          The DXMGT only came with the 3x3 headstock, so any other headstock would be an anomaly. The closest relative is the DXMG, which was trem-equipped and had a 6-in-line reverse headstock. Perhaps you were looking at images of the DXMG rather than DXMGT.

The year of these 2000s Japanese Jacksons must be identified by detaching the neck from the body and looking for the date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. The general years of product availability would need to be researched in the Jackson catalogs (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US/catalogs.html), starting around the early to mid-2000s.

Thank you for sharing your story. It is clear you have weighed the various considerations about your items and your scenario, and I completely understand the Jackson yielding first to other priorities. I would do the same in your situation. All the best to you.
                          Thank you NOTP - I appreciate your time and attention... I wish a great holiday to you and to all - Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X