Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY do some of us need MOJO , I sure as heck do !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY do some of us need MOJO , I sure as heck do !!!!

Over the summer i bought a high end CORE model from the Maryland company with 3 letters , It was 5k ....it looked nice and sounded ok ..but after 2 weeks i sold it , it did absolutly nothing for me ,,NOTHING !!!!....So then i bought a 1988 USA Bubblegum pink /oiled maple dirty neck Jackson , that has MOJO for days !!!....I love this Jackson and want to cuddle with this thing !!!!!.....What is it about mojo that we love ?

When you find " That " something, it just
    " Clicks " , and the MOJO is good.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I've bought several 80's MIJ Charvels that I thought I was going to flip. Bought them right, and could have made a pretty penny. In particular I found a black Predator last year. Chainsaw case and all came with it, and I had $375 in it including fixing it. Someone had put an old Dimarzio Super Distortion in it. I hands down bnought it to flip. Had my best friend check the electronics and he was like dude you'll keep this one. I took it home, plugged it in and the damn thing just has that nice comfy worn in feeling. So another one stays in the stable, and I'm damn sure ok with that.

Comment

I've ran into something similar. I picked a LTD Eclipse '87. It checked most of the boxes of what I thought I wanted at the time 24&3/4" scale, neck thru, floyd rose. It's a really nice guitar but I haven't clicked with it like I thought I would. I like it enough to keep but when I pick up one of my Jackson/Charvel Fusions they just feel like home. Funny thing is the guitar I'm liking the most right now is a Fusion EX built almost entirely from parts from Ebay/Reverb or parts I had laying around. I think the only new parts on it are the nut and FR 1000 block. It has the correct neck for the body but I don't know if the years are the same as neither are marked. I think the body is a '94 due to the color. It's funny how some of my favorite guitars lately have been Fusion mutts. Like I keep that LTD in Eb but most of the time when I play in that tuning I use my Fusion Special That's probably built with 75% Ebay/Reverb parts.

Comment

MOJO = I too have a Fusion Special that is pieced together. The dual single now has a humbucker, the crappy string through "Floyd" was rebuilt with locking saddle parts added. Wife bought it for me from a pawn shop in the late 90's. Never parted with it because it was a wife gift and it has that magic. You can fly on it!

NO MOJO = I once had a 650XL that was midnight blue and chainsaw case. I upgraded it with an EMG KH20 kit but replaced the 81 with an 89. I also replaced all of the black hw with chrome Shaller hw. It was a beautiful machine when I was done. Sadly, it broke strings all the time and I could not trust it to play all night. It also felt clunky and stiff. Gave it to a friend in exchange for electrical work on my house.
          A couple years ago I bought a brand new guitar for the first time in years. I read reviews, watched YouTube vids, I sent months researching. I finally pulled the trigger on a Tremonti SE. NICE looking guitar but it felt all wrong in a lifelong player of strat bodies. It also could not take the abuse of my playing like my Charvels. Went out of tune just by looking at it. I got 100% refund from GC.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
            MOJO = I too have a Fusion Special that is pieced together. The dual single now has a humbucker, the crappy string through "Floyd" was rebuilt with locking saddle parts added. Wife bought it for me from a pawn shop in the late 90's. Never parted with it because it was a wife gift and it has that magic. You can fly on it!
            Mine has a humbucker in place of the singles as well and a Schaller bridge that is like the JT-590.

Comment

When you feel it you feel it. I agree.

I've had guitars with objectively higher end specs and build quality, yet playing it there was just nothing special there. Others however weren't low end by any means, but specced to be solid workhorse type deals. Even without giving it a set up I just knew it felt right. Since a few of you have mentioned Fusions, yes by Charvel Fusion Custom is on the never sell list.
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

Mojo is the number one thing. If it feels cool, you play cool. That being said, my badass les Paul is a pain to keep tuned up in the studio.

Comment

Working...
                X