Newer MIM DK24 frets wearing out extremely fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer MIM DK24 frets wearing out extremely fast

Hello all, last year I bought a new 2022 Charvel DK24. I have 3 electrics and haven't really played it that much since I got it 15 months ago. A guitar tech who had to replace the output jack (it's a cheap, budget unit that failed) asked how long I had it and how much I play it. When I told him he was shocked. He said all of my lower frets were wearing out at an extremely fast rate. They are flattening out from not much play. I contacted Charvel (Fender) about it and they cried tough, the now 2 year warranty does not cover fret wear. That's a great scam so they can use cheap fret wire. I had a 2018 San Dimas and you could tell the metal was brighter and shinier than in the DK24.

Anyway, I'm looking for other buyers of prob 2020 and newer units to start a class action lawsuit against Charvel (Fender) that will be greatly needed.

Thank you.

I am going to agree that the lifespan of my (pre-2020) MIM frets don't really have the longevity I expected. But that just gives me a reason to replace them with Stainless Steel much sooner than I normally would.

If you want to sue over something....
    Sue them for something that can't be fixed the way frets can - like using the same initial cavity work for guitars that use a Floyd rose as the guitars that do not. By putting the FR at the same position as the 2 point trem, we are forced to use certain string gauges because there isn't enough room for intonation on lighter gauges.

Comment

do you have pictures?

Comment

Working...
      X