Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Jackson SL4X and Charvel Spectrum pickguards the same? Do replacements exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Jackson SL4X and Charvel Spectrum pickguards the same? Do replacements exist?

I came across a Jackson SL4X which is missing its pickguard and the owner doesn't have it.

It made me wonder if replacement pickguards exist. Google shows me nothing.

I thought about other models with a similar pickguard and remembered the Charvel Spectrum. I couldn't find aftermarket pickguards for the Spectrum either.

1) Do replacement pickguards even exist for either model?

2) If so, are they interchangeable?

Good question. I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know, but the amount of frets differ so I wonder if its a little different around the neck pocket. The Soloist also has and additional screw on the right side. You need a pickguard from scratch, right? As in, you don't already have an example to trace?
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

I should have rephrased my first sentence. I don't have the SL4X, but I noticed one for sale locally that was missing its pickguard and it got me wondering about replacements.

Honestly I think the guitar looks better without the pickguard and it makes me wish it was never designed with one in the first place. Not being able to source a pickguard for completeness' sake and/or for possible future resale of the guitar, the exposed screw holes would have bothered me.

Alas, I passed on account of not being able to find replacement pickguards for both the SL4X and Spectrum. And darn, I hadn't thought to count the screw holes and their location, but that just reinforces my lack of regrets passing on the guitar.

Comment

Working...
      X