Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop delivery times

Hello to everyone!

Long time Jackson player but just joined to this forum. I ordered a Custom Select King V in march 2019 and it was then estimated to be ready in 12 months, but as you can guess by this post it still haven't arrived. Even my dealer F-music (I live in Finland, so F-Music is not a big league player in Custom Shop orders) or Fender Scandinavian contact (who made the order) won't get any answers about the status of the guitar.

I've contacted to Jackson support, but it's not easy to track my guitar because I didn't get any order number etc. I could only give the spec sheet of my guitar there and the agent promised to get it over to Custom Shop, but even he haven't heard anything back from them and this was almost a month ago. So I was wondering if anyone else have experienced these kind of issues or massive delays in custom shops delivery times?

I know they have bad customer service and that they are overbooked now, but this is getting just ridiculous.

First, a CS in 2019 that still hasn't arrived doesn't surprise anyone here.

But more importantly....

Assuming you've put money down:
    If you can't get any answers from Fender, you better raise one hell of a stink at your dealer to make sure the dealer isn't ripping you off.

Comment

I've paid half and when the guitar arrives then will pay the rest of it.

The dealer is kind of a big player in Finland and they have multiple stores around the country so there is no issues on their side.

Last update I got in last September from my contact in Fender, was that the guitar is going to be shipped in October to Finland, but after that He haven't received any answers from Jackson even after multiple attempts.

Comment

I know the quotes are a joke.
        I ordered a CS King V in April 21 and was told 14-16 months.
        When I ask my American dealer about the progress, they don‘t get details from Fender. I know that if you order now, you have to wait up to three years lol

Comment

oof, I put my CS order in over a year after OP (July 2020). hopefully it's not another full year before I get it. you'd think since it's domestic and a dinky that means not, but who freaking knows.

good luck dude. sorry nobody has any answers.

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. Hopefully we will all receive our guitars within this year.

I've also heard that new orders are now estimated up to three years. Well, at least it is not as bad as Gibson, where I've heard that custom orders are now estimated to 5 to 7 years

Comment

So you are already waiting three freaking years??? Gawd

Comment

Yeah, third year is starting this month. I would understand it if it was a Masterbuilt order but it's just a Custom Select.

I guess all I can do, is to put more inquiries to Jackson thru my dealer and my contact from Fender and hope to get some answers.

Comment

First, let's remember... Jackson has always been slow getting orders made. Quite frankly, they are worth the wait - otherwise we wouldn't be hanging out on this fansite.
                  (Hey, person who I won't name, reread that sentence. Take the hint. If you hate Jackson so much... LEAVE. Go back to drunks that beat their wives dot com and pass around stories with your pals about what it was like... you know, before she kicked you out)

Next, we have CoVid. You can believe it was a hoax, real but overblown, or a sign of the coming apocalypse. But no matter what your thoughts are, you can't deny that everywhere was closed. And when things did reopen, they didn't fully reopen. Things still aren't fully reopened. And the few places that are fully reopened are having staffing issues because they've gotten some people so scared that they don't trust that it is safe to reopen.

And, lastly, you aren't an American in America. There are shipping delays on both sides of the meridian.
                  The product needs made. It then needs shipped out. But then it needs to be shipped in. It could be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdTA77 View Post
                    Last update I got in last September from my contact in Fender, was that the guitar is going to be shipped in October to Finland, but after that
                    This concerns me. As well as the fact that you have no order numbers to be able to track. You should have gotten progress reports as it was being built.
                    But for them to say in September that it would go out in October, to me, means the guitar was done and they were simply waiting for an overseas container to be filled. If that is the case, they might not have any data other than 'it was shipped'. It could be sitting on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic.

Comment

Is there anybody that received his guitar within the given quote?
                      I was quoted 14-16 months in April 21 and I think about cancelling in order to buy a used san dimas if I have to face another freakin year of wait time

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                        Is there anybody that received his guitar within the given quote?
                        I was quoted 14-16 months in April 21 and I think about cancelling in order to buy a used san dimas if I have to face another freakin year of wait time
                        Doubtful. You'll probably be waiting more than a year, but even when USA production was semi smooth times always were longer. FMIC has it's head up it's butt for lack of a better phrase. Probably trying to figure out their import losses if they pass the 75% made in USA law.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

This concerns me. As well as the fact that you have no order numbers to be able to track. You should have gotten progress reports as it was being built.
                          But for them to say in September that it would go out in October, to me, means the guitar was done and they were simply waiting for an overseas container to be filled. If that is the case, they might not have any data other than 'it was shipped'. It could be sitting on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic.

This is why I would like to get the info if the build date has yet again moved forward, or did they really shipped it in October and it's now laying in some container in the middle of the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdTA77 View Post
                            Thanks all for your responses. Hopefully we will all receive our guitars within this year.

I've also heard that new orders are now estimated up to three years. Well, at least it is not as bad as Gibson, where I've heard that custom orders are now estimated to 5 to 7 years
                            Can't provide much to the discussion regarding Jackson, but Gibson custom orders are nowhere near 5-7 years. Was quoted 14 months for a M2M a couple months, and the shop I was working with had ordered a few M2Ms in October, and got them early, in February. So 5 months? Not amazing, but a hell of a lot better than the 14 months quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                              First, a CS in 2019 that still hasn't arrived doesn't surprise anyone here.

But more importantly....

Assuming you've put money down:
                              If you can't get any answers from Fender, you better raise one hell of a stink at your dealer to make sure the dealer isn't ripping you off.
                              You're lucky you got it when you did. Prices have gone up quite a bit. Base CS is 4-5 grand. That's before anything added on.

Comment

Working...
                              X