Guitar body for Charvette Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar body for Charvette Neck?

Hello, I picked up a Charvette guitar today for $100 in really good condition. The neck feels and looks exactly like my Charvel model series 3A, it even has the same screws with coin slot for locking nut. I would like to use the neck on a better body but am wondering what it will fit into. I'm guessing the heel width is 2 1/4" I know it will not fit a fender pocket but will an older Charvel or Jackson body from the 80"s early 90's work? Any help is appreciated...

Yes, it should fit any older Charvel or Jackson with the same neck pocket size.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbugg View Post
      Hello, I picked up a Charvette guitar today for $100 in really good condition. The neck feels and looks exactly like my Charvel model series 3A, it even has the same screws with coin slot for locking nut. I would like to use the neck on a better body but am wondering what it will fit into. I'm guessing the heel width is 2 1/4" I know it will not fit a fender pocket but will an older Charvel or Jackson body from the 80"s early 90's work? Any help is appreciated...
      Does it have 24 frets? if so it's a fusion scale guitar and MIJ the 170 and 270 have 24 frets normal spaced trem post. The other two are th 250 and 150 Korean, theres also 100 and the 200 but the don't have floating bridges.
      You just have to watch out if it's 24 fret because it would be short scale. 22 fret ones good to go
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and help. It is a 22 fret.

Comment

In that case any Jackson or Charvel body that came with a 22 fret neck should work. At least Model series to current anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X