Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited run X series Monarkh white one with EMGs ... anyone got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited run X series Monarkh white one with EMGs ... anyone got one?

So I got one and opened it up today and it has 500k pots with the EMG 81 85 .... just wondering if someone else has one and if it's wired the same. Doesn't seem to affect it ... but obviously it's supposed to have 25k pots.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Bought it used on Reverb but it looks like all the original wiring. It's like they took one and instead of putting in Jackson pickups they put in EMGs and didn't change the electronics at the factory.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I just read the Description at Guitar Center.

It does come with EMG 81 // 85 Humbuckers.
      No list of Pots Rating.
      I don't know enough about that stuff to venture a guess, but do EMG require the 500k Pots?

Very Nice guitar! Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
        So I got one and opened it up today and it has 500k pots with the EMG 81 85 .... just wondering if someone else has one and if it's wired the same. Doesn't seem to affect it ... but obviously it's supposed to have 25k pots.
        Did you buy it new if so call the shop! all actives I've seen or installed have a 25k volume you can use a 500k tone. I know nothing about this guitar
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Should be 25k for EMGs. The only actives I've ever seen with anything different are the Dave Mustaine Seymour Duncan Livewires that use 100k.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Should be 25k for EMGs. The only actives I've ever seen with anything different are the Dave Mustaine Seymour Duncan Livewires that use 100k.
            I'm using a 25k volume and 500k tone on my MIJ soloist
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Shit they do use a 25k for tone too, better switch mine out but it sounds ok to me?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                Shit they do use a 25k for tone too, better switch mine out but it sounds ok to me?
                If it works and sounds okay, then I guess it's fine and wouldn't bother to change it.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you can use high impedance pots (500k) with active pickups just fine, but not the other way around (you can't use 25k pots with passives).

with the high impedance pots and actives you'll actually get slightly more output, but slightly more noise. in either case it's not super profound. if it sounds good, it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X