Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model identification

Model identification: CWJ1502718

can't id from a serial number alone. need a description and preferably photos

Comment

but we can at least identify it as one of those chinese models

Comment

Definitely a 2015 Chinese-made Jackson. Likely a JS Series, since the Pro and X Series as of 2015 had not yet "fished that far down the manufacturing food chain" to China. If I recall, Pro and X Series were still exclusively made in Indonesia and Mexico in 2015.
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 04-20-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Pro's series SL are still MII and PRO series dinky are MIM the X seriers is made in china as well as the JS shit.
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-23-2021, 11:03 AM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

JS shit. lol
            Sorry JS owners.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

my drummer just bought a js22-7 dinky. it is surprisingly solid.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                my drummer just bought a js22-7 dinky. it is surprisingly solid.
                It probably does everything my $6000CAD Soloist does, but it cost 20x less. He probably gets the same enjoyment playing it as I do mine, too.
                A fool and his money will soon part. I have no problem admitting it.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  JS shit. lol
                  Sorry JS owners.
                  Thats all that matters in the end! of course he is a drummer
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Here's a kicker...
                    I'm a drummer that plays with guitars.

37 years of drumming and I can play what I know at a pro level.
                    40 years of playing with guitars and, well, I can play barre chords like a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                      Pro's series SL are still MII and PRO series dinky are MIM the X seriers is made in china as well as the JS shit.
                      Certain X and Pro guitars (with specific finishes) have now moved to Chinese production. JCFer Crumbling is our resident expert on this. Here's one of his posts about it. I'm sure there are more posts; search his post history.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...27#post2541827

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
                      With the China thing, there's no "demotion". The MIC X-series are made at a different factory than the JSes, and only the crackle and swirl finishes. The SL3M crackle Pro Series is also made at the same factory, and is notably one of the few Pro series in the current line with a painted neck, the other being the two Phil Demmel explorers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Here's a kicker...
                        I'm a drummer that plays with guitars.

37 years of drumming and I can play what I know at a pro level.
                        40 years of playing with guitars and, well, I can play barre chords like a pro.
                        Hey, at least you're honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Certain X and Pro guitars (with specific finishes) have now moved to Chinese production. JCFer Crumbling is our resident expert on this. Here's one of his posts about it. I'm sure there are more posts; search his post history.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...27#post2541827

I know all the X and JS crap is made in china. as for Pro series I'm glad mine's a satin finish indo crapper..LMAO

Comment

Working...
                          X