No announcement yet.

New Custom Select Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got formal word from the custom shop today. Build time is 18 months. Price to me is $4,300.

It also appears they approved the Soloist with the Dinky neck profile. We are waiting for the approved spec sheet to be sent from the custom shop for 100% verification, but the Jackson rep said we were green lighted with no changes.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
      Got formal word from the custom shop today. Build time is 18 months. Price to me is $4,300.

It also appears they approved the Soloist with the Dinky neck profile. We are waiting for the approved spec sheet to be sent from the custom shop for 100% verification, but the Jackson rep said we were green lighted with no changes.
      heck yes, that rules! I actually priced out the msrp based on your form, and assuming a standard dealer discount, it looks like they're not making an upcharge for the neck profile. double score!

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

heck yes, that rules! I actually priced out the msrp based on your form, and assuming a standard dealer discount, it looks like they're not making an upcharge for the neck profile. double score!
        Thanks man.

The MSRP was $6,152.92.

I am unvelievably stoked to get a Soloist with an oiled Dinky neck profile. On paper at least this should be my ideal instrument.
        Last edited by CaptNasty; 09-21-2020, 10:33 PM.

Comment

!!! CONGRATULATIONS CaptNasty !!!
          That is just Fanfreakintastic!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
            !!! CONGRATULATIONS CaptNasty !!!
            That is just Fanfreakintastic!

Thanks JJ!

Comment

Here is the other thing with this build. I have a stash of brand new Titanium Floyd Rose bridges. This guitar is going to get one of them.

Comment

Well $}{¡+

That's where they all went!
                LoL

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                  Well $}{¡+

That's where they all went!
                  LoL
                  Yep.

Comment

Just finalized the order for this guitar. Down payment was made. The order submitted and a Work Order # assigned. So the build is under way!

Spoke to the rep, they have agreed to give the skinniest neck that they can. They are not comfortable with .750" - .810" on a neck through. They have specified the neck as a "speed neck" and have agreed that they will go thinner than the .775'-.835" of a speed neck. It will be somewhere between a Dinky and a Speed Neck.

Here is the final approved order sheet:

Comment

Graffiti Yellow should be badass. Are you going with a colored pickup, or just black?

I hope they do the neck for you.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom's door View Post
                        Graffiti Yellow should be badass. Are you going with a colored pickup, or just black?

I hope they do the neck for you.
                        Thanks! I have always wanted a grafitti yellow guitar.

Jackson’s pickup selection is limited so I ordered with a black DiMarzio Super Distortion. Will be replacing that with a DiMarzio X2N that is Yellow with a black bar.

The neck is approved. It will be a Speed Neck or thinner.

Comment

Working...
                        X