Is everything OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everything OK?

The forums have been unavailable for over a week. What was going on?

obviously not okay. even if the problem is resolved (which I doubt it is) the unresponsiveness is troubling. and let's remember that the forum has been struggling ever since the last major vbulletin upgrade. I'll reiterate something I said before: is there anything any of us can do to help?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      obviously not okay. even if the problem is resolved (which I doubt it is) the unresponsiveness is troubling. and let's remember that the forum has been struggling ever since the last major vbulletin upgrade. I'll reiterate something I said before: is there anything any of us can do to help?
      Yeah, if they need help I am a professional software architect and engineer. Really good with technology. If tech help is needed let me know.

Comment

I hope I don't jinx it, but....
        the site (now that is up and running again), seems to be running much more smoothly than it had been running. it had been running horribly for weeks. those problems haven't occurred (yet) today or yesterday.

Comment

I love how a few of us including myself are here posting enthusiastically as if the forum never went down and we're as active as ever. CaptNasty, metalhobo, pianoguyy, Razor, and ed, I salute you! 😀

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            the site (now that is up and running again), seems to be running much more smoothly than it had been running. it had been running horribly for weeks. those problems haven't occurred (yet) today or yesterday.
            I've thought the same thing. Hopefully it stays that way.

I love how a few of us including myself are here posting enthusiastically as if the forum never went down and we're as active as ever. CaptNasty, metalhobo, pianoguyy, Razor, and ed, I salute you! 😀
            Right back at you NOTP and all of ya'll other guys too. I've still constantly lurked over the years but other than posting about guns in the "Non Jackson/Charvel Related Talk" didn't have much more to contribute. I very much prefer forums over Facebook myself and tend to spend a lot of time on gun forums. Since most social media discourages any talk about guns the gun forums are still thriving.

I feel like there are still a lot of people lurking and hopefully the more action they see may make it more interesting. It's nice to see all the noobs posting asking questions as it's cool to see as it shows there is still a lot of interest in Jackson's and Charvel's.

Comment

I am on a computer.
              I have shortcuts saved. (Opera shortcuts are far better than Chrome and Explorer)
              It doesn't take much, when I sit down to click to see what is new.

Believe me. I wouldn't be here if I was on a phone.

Comment

Well Heckit!!
                I could not get in for close to 2 weeks!

I have 1 Notification, but clicking on it and screen goes blank for a second,
                then right back to Home.

I just got an error that said

Cloud Links Connection Lost

or somesuch like that.

Man I am GLAD I am able to get JCF without crashing!!

Comment

Posting before finished typing without clicking
                  " Post Reply "

Comment

And backspace resets page. The above post self posted when I hit the
                    " Next Line " and nowhere near Post Reply.

Is this a device issue or something else?

Comment

And then yesterday happened.

I wasn't concerned at first, because there were many sites down.
                      But later in the day, when I saw the index appear...

Comment

And then yesterday happened.

I wasn't concerned at first, because there were many sites down.
                        But later in the day, when I saw the index appear...
                        I think the site was hacked.

Comment

Anybody having issues posting pictures? I am getting error messages and say I can`t post them.

Comment

I use ImgUr for pics

Comment

I'd been wondering why site was so slow.
                              I don't usually post unless I have questions or think I may have some useful/interesting info but I check for new posts 4-5 times a week.
                              Haven't seen much lately.
                              Hope that changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X