Gig bag for pointy headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig bag for pointy headstock

Anybody tried putting a pointy-headstock superstrat (Model series, Soloist) into a Fender FE-1225 gig bag?

I have a chance to buy one locally for a good price but want to make sure it's gonna fit my superstrats before making an offer. Asked the seller but he says he hasn't tried putting in such a guitar. Also tried looking at pictures and video reviews of it online and it seems like it'll fit, but if anyone can confirm that I'll appreciate it.

I'm looking closely at that Fender gig bag as it seems to be one of the few relatively lightweight ones that support a pointy headstock well. My main one right now is a Mono Sleeve and I don't feel comfortable about how it follows the backward angle of the headstock when its closed--it looks like it might be putting too much pressure on it.

So if not the Fender or the Mono, what would you suggest that's just as lightweight? Thanks.

If there's one locally, why not bring one/some of your guitars with you and try to fit it into the bag? If it fits, buy it. If not, don't buy.

Comment

I highly doubt the pressure from the bag will break the neck of your guitar. Its not a Gibson. I one time actually had a guy send me a 650xl in a gig bag through the post and it made it safely.

The scarf joint on a jackson is pretty tough and more often the tip of the headstock will break.

Comment

Working...
      X