• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 4 mods

Starts
    07-15-2020
    Ends
    07-15-2020

Hey, I'd like to uppgrade my Charvel model 4 (japanese) with a new neck. I'd like one of those new birdseye maple necks that charvel has in some guitars. Is it possible put one of those in it and is there a way to get one of those? I've heard that model 4 has a wide neck pocket... Also would be cool to uppgrade it with a new bridge (non floyd-rose)

Am I just dreaming too big? :')

Comment

If I had a nice model 4 I would leave it alone and buy a guitar that was like I wanted, unless you are looking for a challenge. You can change the neck, and the bridge, new aftermarket necks will not be Charvel branded. if you buy a used neck you will have to plug and redrill neck mounting holes to insure the neck is inline. to change the bridge you will also have to plug trem post holes and redrill, you may have to fill the large cavity hole depending on the bridge you want to install, now the body will need refinished, but will still bare signs of modification if not done well. If you are good at wood working all this should be no problem.

Comment

Working...
      X