Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number Search

Hey everyone,

So I've had this Charvel for at least 21 years now. My dad gave it to me when I was 14 years old. I played it for many years in a band and then adulthood kicked in and it ended up cased, in my closet and traveled 3 different states with me.

I have recently gotten the guitar bug and pulled it out of the closet and didn't realize how in shambles it really was. The Floyd Rose is removed (in the case pocket) and there are so many things that need to be repaired on it.

Before I bring it in to get it fixed up (if possible) I want to know the date of it and the value of it. I did a search on GuitarInsite and the serial cannot be found. I'm hoping someone here can lend a hand in research for me.

I would greatly greatly appreciate it!

Serial # C704987 (found on the bottom fret of the fret board) - it is a through and through neck/body. I can take a picture of the bridge if that would help.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-r4mz_F..._web_copy_link

1987 Model 6
    If you intend on keeping it, it is worth every penny to get fixed.
    If you intend on selling it, you will never get your money out of it.

Comment

Wow thanks Pianoguyy. I would never sell this guitar. It has way too much emotional value attached to it. How did you figure this out? I'm just trying to make sure that if I bring it somewhere I don't get swindled. That the only reason I want to know the value of it.

Thank again man! I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by tgs1611 View Post
        How did you figure this out?
        I read your post and looked at the picture.

Comment

Wow thanks Pianoguyy. I would never sell this guitar. It has way too much emotional value attached to it. How did you figure this out? I'm just trying to make sure that if I bring it somewhere I don't get swindled. That the only reason I want to know the value of it.

Thank again man! I really appreciate the help.

If you have no intentions of selling, then as I previously said, it is worth putting into it whatever you want to put into it.
          Custom finish. Custom electronics. New Frets. The world is your oyster.

It is not like fixing a car, where each model has it's own individual parts.
          As long as the wood of a guitar is intact, you can buy just about any part to put on it.

*unless you want to restore something. That is completely different.
          Last edited by pianoguyy; 04-07-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I have recently gotten the guitar bug and pulled it out of the closet and didn't realize how in shambles it really was. The Floyd Rose is removed (in the case pocket) and there are so many things that need to be repaired on it.
            Welcome! Out of curiosity, what makes you believe there are so many things that need to be repaired, and that the guitar is in shambles? Just judging by your one photo, the guitar looks to be in overall good condition and it looks like you can reinstall the bridge and related hardware (trem claw, trem claw screws, trem springs), reattach the first control knob if you have it, and install a set of strings. If you didn't abuse the guitar, and it was in working order before you put it away (minus the strings, bridge, and control knob), the guitar should come together in a straightforward manner.

Comment

Working...
            X