Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying value

Hello,

I am looking for information. My father bought a guitar off of a friend around 2002 and he is now looking to sell. This friend told him that it was a Jackson Dinky Reverse. Sometime later, another friend told him that it was actually a Jackson Charvel. I have looked through a few different websites and I can’t seem to find anything that is definitive. The serial number is 650015625, which I can easily find on the back of the head, while the front of the head has Jackson written on it. The body is black, fret board is a dark wood, and neck is a light wood. I am not sure what else to add, or how to add photos on the front and back.

Any help that you would be willing to give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

To share photos, upload your images to any free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...4dUDCAc&uact=5), then copy-paste the generated links back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbear View Post
      The serial number is 650015625
      that serial looks like a cheap import.
      probably an JS from Indonesia

Originally posted by Kbear View Post
      Sometime later, another friend told him that it was actually a Jackson Charvel.
      No such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

that serial looks like a cheap import.
        probably an JS from Indonesia

No such thing.

My Model series charvels all say "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel" so it might be a model series and they are just reading it as Jackson Charvel?
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

My Model series charvels all say "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel" so it might be a model series and they are just reading it as Jackson Charvel?
          Absolutely. Older cases said the same. Many people mistakenly call it Jackson/Charvel. In fact, the same can be said for all of those Gibson Epiphone guitars.
          That doesn't mean that we need to indulge the fallacy.

A non-player, who has a Charvel that says Jackson/Charvel under the Charvel, ok, they have an excuse not to know any better. But I don't know of any Jackson guitars that say Jackson/Charvel, which means a Jackson owner would have no reason to even mention the word Charvel.

It basically boils down to 'if enough people repeat the same lie often enough, eventually it becomes accepted as fact'.

Comment

Working...
          X