Here's a question for ya.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a question for ya.

Say you lived in Japan and bought an RR3.

Would it still be classed as an "import guitar"?

Edit: Fixed location, i was thinking about BC Rich at the time.

[ June 01, 2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Child Of Norther ]

Re: Here\'s a question for ya.

You just blew my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
      Say you lived in Korea and bought an RR3.

Would it still be classed as an "import guitar"?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sure it would, since it's not made in Korea. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had an interesting talk with a Jackson rep this weekend...
        He said that even though Jackson has some Japan models, they are technically made in China now.
        Anyone want to elaborate on this for me. I told him he was nuts!
        Brian

Comment

I've never heard the China thing and also think he's nuts, but maybe Fender's getting cheap and going that route now? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It should enrage RacerX highly if that's the case now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I would consider it an import because RR3s are not made for the Japanese market... Japan has their own "Grover Jackson" and "Jackson Stars" lines, so the Japanese imports seen in other parts of the world are not seen in Japan. The RR3 would have to be imported from a different country to be sold in Japan.

Kind of reminds me of when I brought a pedal over from the states to Taiwan for my friend. I think it was a Rocktron that he couldn't find... He was a little pissed when he saw "Made in Taiwan" on it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

-Mike

Comment

Yes RR3 is consider a import in Japan even if its "made in Japan" so are SL3,SL4 and etc..

Fong

Comment

Yep, that's a very interesting point.
                I also wonder if the Japanese consider items that are made in America to be made by "them damn Americans" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And it's funny how people downplay Mexican-made guitars, especially after seeing this pic in the 2002 Jackson Catalog:
                http://www.autumn-frost.com/cgi-bin/.../2002/0213.jpg

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  And it's funny how people downplay Mexican-made guitars, especially after seeing this pic in the 2002 Jackson Catalog:
                  http://www.autumn-frost.com/cgi-bin/.../2002/0213.jpg

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

it does not matter to me WHERE it was made, it will always be an import for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Actually, if you're in Japan, and purchase a Jackson made there that doesn't say Grover Jackson, it would be considered an "export" model. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

And deservedly so [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

In Belgium all guitars are "import".
                          Except for Kritz. Which should be called Krapz...

Comment

There were plans to move production from India to China before Fender bought Jackson. There were a couple of prototypes in the back room for a while. The freaking Chinese PROTOTYPES were better built than the production Indian guitars. And seriously, China does not always mean bad.

Comment

Having worked in factories for the last 15+ years, I can tell you that prototypes and "customer samples" get extra special attention and are not an honest representation of the production model. While the Chinese proto may have been better than the Indian production, I'm sure the Indian proto was better than the Chinese Proto, which would explain why they went with India. If the current Idian guitars are borderline crap, I imagine the Chinese production model woulda blew goats.

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X