Metal Mania on Vh1 Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Mania on Vh1 Classic

I have been recording this show for the past few weeks, but today there is a marathon. I have never seen so many Charvels and Jacksons in all of my life... Just as I remembered them, the first time the videos were released... Everything from Testament, to Anthax/Public Enemy... Just amazing... I have MPG2 files of the whole marathon...

Re: Metal Mania on Vh1 Classic

Well that is cool, man...although...there is already a thread on this subject:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=003969

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ooops... I did add new content... I have MPG2s of all the shows... If someone is so inclined, I can compile them onto 3 DVD-Rs...

Comment

How many different shows? I'm at least interested in the 100 Greatest Metal Moments, that sounds like ENTERTAINMENT! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You'll send 'em to me FREE, riiiiight? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'Ol buddy 'ol pal!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think those shows pretty much suck. The top ones are always Led Zeplin, Black Sabbath, Ozzy. Priest and Maiden are usually back to back, the next 90 percent are usually hair bands or bands from the early nineties, the rest are made up of grunge, alternative and early 80's rockers.

Comment

The 100 Greatest Metal Moments is a week long thing... One an evening for a week... The marathon is a buncha videos, all day long... I will catalog them when I am authoring the DVDs and their menus...

Nothings free, it is even less free is they are my DVD-Rs...

Comment

I saw a good episode that had Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Prong, Kix. 4 out of 5 aint bad.

McD

Originally posted by Cliff Garrett:
              I have been recording this show for the past few weeks, but today there is a marathon. I have never seen so many Charvels and Jacksons in all of my life... Just as I remembered them, the first time the videos were released... Everything from Testament, to Anthax/Public Enemy... Just amazing... I have MPG2 files of the whole marathon...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

I'm interested in the DvDs also.

Comment

Me too!! Send me the info on the DVD-R's.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm interested, too. That is very cool of you to do all that work.

Comment

Hell yeah I'd be interested too!

Count me in bro!

Comment

I'd send you some DVD-R's for a copy or two !

Let me know I you do go through!

Comment

I like watching Metal Mania on VH1 Classic. However the marathon would've been 1000 times better if that idiot Eddie Trunk along with Dee Snider and that Vinnie guy had not talked for 15 minutes during every 1 hour show. Instead of playing 12 or 13 videos per show they were playing 8 or 9 with all the added round-table talk crap. While it was on for 24 hours, I think it was 8 episodes repeated 3 times. And if I had to hear Eddie Trunk say one more time that Whitesnake's 'Here I Go Again' & 'Fool For Your Loving' were originally done in the 70's I was going to kick in the TV screen. I know the songs are remakes, but not from the 70's ...get your facts straight ET!! It is good to see all the old school videos on a daily basis, but the marathon annoyed me with all the chatter. Just give me the music.

Comment

Cliff - I'd be interested in the DVD's...

Comment

Agreed. Eddie Trunk may be a true metal fan, yeah he worked for a record company, and radio and Anthrax and blah blah blah. I still find that those VH1 veejays spout out a lot of misinformation and facts that are just plain wrong! If Eddie Trunk and that Vinnie Cicolene guy are so great, they should get all of their facts straight, before preaching it as gospel. I didn't mind the commentaries, and had no problems with the topics and their facts were all good, this time around. It is usually when one of the other veejays tries to sound intelligent and gets (her) facts wrong, when metal is concerned. BTW, you are dead on with VH1's programming, each day is 8 hours of vids, repeated 3 times. MTV2 used to use this same ratio.

Comment

Working...
                              X