Long Island Guitar Show Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island Guitar Show Anyone?

Any of you guys going to the LI guitar show this weekend? I will take pics and pot them here...

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Re: Long Island Guitar Show Anyone?

Please post the info. I may be able to go.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'll be there. It's about 20 minutes from my house. Psyched ! I might bring a few to trade.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Brooks,

Where's the show!!?? I'll be there...just tell me where it is!!

-Kenn

[EDIT] I found it....Lake Grove. I should be there Sat afternoon and early Sunday (if I can get my ass out of bed!!)

-K

Comment

There is a LI show this weekend? That fucking figures! I was hoping we would get some NY and CT guys at the Boston area show this weekend, but that is going to draw some of them away.

Comment

Yep Lake Grove. I hear some of you guys are going to the big Boston show, so be sure to post pictures from that.

This is the link for the pictures I am working on:

http://www.brooksguitarworld.com/sportsplus.html

Brooks

Comment

Damn

I play Ice Hockey there

Too bad I can't make it
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I was gonna go, but I ended up just sending my guitar there instead.

Comment

This guitar was hysterical. Not easy to play, check out the size compared to the guitars on the rack next to it.

Brooks

Comment

That looks like something out of Spinal Tap.

Comment

yeah they do that every year 20th century guitar mag. does it. i went a few years back & its was mostly vintage stuff.

did anyone go this year & how was it.

Comment

Jamie,

I went on Saturday...It was pretty cool, but you're right; mostly vintage stuff or Jazz boxes. Still, it was a good time. Great to see some of the 'Jazz Cats' playing at the bar, a bit humbling really. There were some C/J's there. I saw booths for both Music Zoo and Guitar Asylum. I got a chance to speak at length w/ one of the guys from GA, he is a huge Jackson fanatic. Both shops had 25th Ann. Charvels on display, as well as admitting that they had a couple left in stock as well. A bit surpising as I thought they would all be gone by now. There was a huge ($500) difference in what they were asking for them. Kinda strange, but whatever; they play beautifully! If I only had the cash!

I caught a quick glimpse of Brooks as I walked in, but lost him in the crowd. Didn't see him again for the rest of my time there. Bummer, I wanted to introduce myself and thank him for feeding my PC-1 fetish [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !

Anyway, next time, we need to get a crew together!

-Kenn

Comment

Next time Kenn. How many guys can say that their girlfriend was as excited as they are being there, so she was pulling me all around. She has a Firebird, and cant get her to convert to Jackson. Are you going to the Philly show? It was just luck that I bumped into Eric and the Fender employees. I usually see some guys at the Philly show too, since its a little bigger then this one...

Brooks

Comment

Working...
                          X