Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If anyone reads 'The Guitar Magazine' from the UK........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone reads 'The Guitar Magazine' from the UK........

....in the current issue (Floyd Rose guitar on the cover) there's a 5 page feature on my Jacksons and Charvels BUT please don't take anything in the text at face value - It's crap and so full of mistakes it's embarrassing. They're the journalist's mistakes (not mine!) and I wish I'd had chance to proof read it before it came out!...still, at least the pics came out OK.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: If anyone reads \'The Guitar Magazine\' from the UK........

Any chance you could scan it for us folks not in the UK?
    Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

UK magazines are horrible for proof reading. I once got a UK magazine that had an article on a new piece of software. The heading said, "Type some shit here".............

Comment

Budman,
        I don't have a scanner but I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty sure the magazine is available in the US, just a month or so behind!
        Cheers
        Ian

Comment

yeah, i read it here in holland. is it the one with the cool "how to be a metal guitarist" thing in it? that was cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by neilli:
            ....in the current issue (Floyd Rose guitar on the cover) there's a 5 page feature on my Jacksons and Charvels BUT please don't take anything in the text at face value - It's crap and so full of mistakes it's embarrassing. They're the journalist's mistakes (not mine!) and I wish I'd had chance to proof read it before it came out!...still, at least the pics came out OK.
            Cheers
            Ian
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ian, what's the date/month of the magazine w/ your Charvel/Jacksons? I'll keep an eye out. BTW, I receive Guitar Techniques and the text is great, just a month behind all of you in the UK.

Comment

I posted the same thing in the general section lol. The article on the collector 'Ian Neill' is great. Fantastic collection.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I was flicking through that mag in WH Smiths (The Library [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), and I wondered if that collector was one of our guys!
                "Hey, kids, look at the weird bloke with his collection of old pointy guitars"

Comment

It's not just in your article they screwed up, the general level of journalism has reached a historic low in The Guitar Magazine. They're even trying to pass off a DKMG as a USA made Dinky...
                  I used to enjoy their articles and especially their gear reviews, but it's all gone potty over the last couple of months.
                  And yeah, just what we need, in an issue with a somewhat "metal" theme, an article by two clowns in wigs about "rockstar poses"
                  Thanks a million guys, that's three wasted pages that just maybe could've contained something interesting...

Comment

I read it in WH Smiths too. Well I looked at the pictures. I read a bit of the article. It was crap. Good to see the guitars though.
                    That magazine really has gone downhill.I remember they had an article on Morbid Angel and general death metal (which I just read in the shop lol) and it had a boxed out section just saying "best death metal band names" which was basically, "Heeheehee look theres a band called Skinless. And one called Intestine Baalism too!". It was like an article written about death metal, but for their usual audience of Clapton loving vintage guitar buying bank managers.
                    Dicks.

Sorry its just its really gone downhill. I had a subscription for like 4 years and it got to a point in the last 18 months where I wasnt reading any of it just flicking through to see if there were any decent articles. There were two, half a page about Hate Eternal, which most of it was just going 'he plays these crazy riffs and sings at the same time!!!' and an article on The Haunted, which was alright, apart from the fact they kep called them 'death metal titans' or something like that. Dicks

James

[ May 20, 2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

Holy world-record of thread necromancy Batman! Why could I be possibly posting here? I was in fact about to post my own thread, but thought to do a quick search... it was awesome to find this had been posted almost 10 years ago!

So, I was clearing out the old guitar mag closet... Here (<--click it!) is the full 5-page article, you can view and download the scans in higher resolution if you click the action icon (gear) in the top right of each photo. UK Guitar magazine, June 2004. Enjoy!

Comment

Oh super! I'll say again, VERY LOUDLY for anyone who might bother to read the article - the text is total shit. The guy just made stuff up, misquoted, got facts wrong etc etc Makes me laugh (sort of) though! And all but 4 of those guitars have been sold now LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                          UK magazines are horrible for proof reading. I once got a UK magazine that had an article on a new piece of software. The heading said, "Type some shit here".............
                          I remember that . I worked in the same publishing company at the time, and it was our sister magazine who did it. (Amiga Format, I believe.) The artist would layout all the pages with boxes for pictures, text, captions, headings etc, and type stuff like that in. It was the job of the production editor (who's duties including subbing) to put the text in and write the headings. In this particular case he missed one.
                          My other signature says something funny

Comment

Haha, this is why I always insist on proof reading the articles whenever journalists take an interest in our research. Usually they take my offer, as they have no clue about the technical stuff. I remember one woman who after about 30 minutes of interview about my research in audio signal processing asked me "so, you use computers?" to which I replied "yes, yes I do" Curiously, the article turned out pretty well without too many corrections from me, but then the editor (without asking me) chose some outrageous headline like "young researcher invents the audio format of the future!". Anybody who knows me would know that I would never, ever claim anything like that.

Comment

I looked at the photos but did not read the text - cool collection. It's a shame, The Guitar Magazine had brilliant gear reviews back in the mid 90's. It's more like Heat ​magazine these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X