Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Jackson be contacted to trace old serial numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Jackson be contacted to trace old serial numbers?

Don't know if you guys saw my thread in USA Jacksons about the custom shop Dinky I just found (maple fingerboard with MOP sharkfins), but thought I'd pose the question here:

Is there anybody at the Jackson custom shop who might be able to check through their records for the serial number/work order of the guitar? I'd be interested in knowing more about the guitar, if possible.

I seem to remember that in the past, somebody could help you out. But I don't know if that's the case anymore with Fender at the helm.

Any help/contacts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Can Jackson be contacted to trace old serial numbers?

I think you'd have to contact the Shop directly as opposed to Fender HQ.

Kevin Easton might be able to find out for you.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

they won't do it. period.

sucks.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Why the F@#$ not? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

b/c they're not interested in running down numbers for people. i'm sure there's more to it, but there ya go.

brett suggested once that he'd pay 19.99 per work order. they could make some dough with that!

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey hey. Someone posted the first bunch of records a few months ago. I have a copy of them, but unless you have a guitar with a lowere S/N, I most likey would not have it. I did contact Jackson and Fender, and neither would look up the S/N.
            LATER!!!
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Those low neckthrough non-Rhoads serial number logs are at www.jacksonmuseum.com. Besides those are the logs, there are more detailed work orders for each of those which would be very cool to have that tell you all of the specifics of the order from pickup models to hardware plating color. Thats what i would like to have and $20 a pop would be well worth the price to me. I would get work orders for every Jackson I have. That would be more than $300 from me just to start.

Comment

Working...
              X