Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dinkys size

Originally posted by Toby:
    Once I downloaded this pic from ebay. It shows 1:1 scale body diagrams which have been enclosed to the Jackson catalogs in the late 1980s.

You can see the Jackson Vintage style which means full size Strat body and Dinky style. I compared the Strat body diagram with my Charvel Strats and with my Fender 1979 Stratocaster, and all guitars exactly match with the diagram. The Dinky is 7/8 of the Strat body. There is also to mention that there are 22 frets and 24 frets Dinkys, and that the 24 fret Dinkys have longer cutaways than the 22 fret Dinkys.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy shit. . .are those your own diagrams or are they pictures. . .am i able to get a 1:1 scale like that for a Rhoads/king V one. I see it on the bottom. . .

Comment

Re: dinkys size

Originally posted by bobvex:
      holy shit. . .are those your own diagrams or are they pictures. . .
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As I already mentioned, the diagrams shown are not mine. Somebody sold them on ebay, and I just downloaded this picture from the ebay. I guess this diagrams have been enclosed to the 1988 Jackson catalog. Neither do I have a 1988 Jackson catalog nor the diagrams enclosed to the 1988 catalog.
      I have a 1987 Jackson catalog. There have also 1:1 diagrams been enclosed to the 1987 Jackson catalog. I also have these 1987 diagrams. The 1987 diagrams are similar, but not equal, to the 1988 diagrams. There are 2 body styles less in the 1987 diagrams; no Dinky, and no King V.

Originally posted by bobvex:
      ...am i able to get a 1:1 scale like that for a Rhoads/king V one. I see it on the bottom. . .
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This would be very difficult. Even the Strat body diagram was 4 x the size of my scanner. It took me 4 passes to scan the diagram section by section, very precisely adjusted and aligned. After the scanning, the individual sections must be assembled section by section to one picture. If only one section is not precisely enough adjusted or aligned, the sections don't match. After the assembly, the the scan must be vectorized. To not confuse the tracing software, outlines, routings, hardware etc. must be cut in separate graphics and traced in separate passes. After the vectorizing, the vetorized objects have to be reassembled. This took me many hours, only for the Strat body diagram.
      I scanned only the Strat body diagram, because of it's the only one I need. All the other diagrams are larger than the Strat body diagram, and more complex. Even the Rhoads is the largest and most complex of all, it's as double as large as the Strat body diagram and 8 x the size of my scanner. It would easier to have a good Rhoads diagram which fits on one page. Then it can be scanned in one pass. Unfotunately, I don't have such a diagram. Maybe you have one?

Comment

Working...
      X