Jackson for Beginners???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson for Beginners???

Most of the Jackson MG series have Basswood bodies. The DXMG has a Poplar body. IMO, Basswood is an awesome sounding wood and I definitely wouldn't settle for Alder... but that's just me...

GigadetH, if you get a DKMGT, you certainly will never regret it. And with a guitar like that chances are you will barely have to upgrade it. Maybe after a couple years of playing you may want to change the pickups but that guitar should definitely last you. (I also don't believe that a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge wouldnt necessarily be good for a beginner... lord knows I nearly killed myself with frustration the first time I dealt with one of those, and that was after playing for quite some time).

As for a beginner amp, you may not want to spend the extra cash for a 65 Watt amp right off the bat... I reccomend starting off with a small 15 Watt amp (like a Peavey Rage 158). Sure it sounds like crap in comparison to a big amp, but it's cheap, and you can hear yourself play and that's what's important. After some time when you know more about guitars and know how to play more stuff, you can find a larger amp to suit you better and spend the money on that.

Last but not least, though... Find yourself a good guitar teacher. Though you can probably teach yourself quite a bit, there is no substitute for an excellent guitar teacher and you improve at a much faster rate once you have one. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And if you decide to buy a Jackson in the end, OnlineStageGear.com usually has the best prices and you get a case included. (That's how I got my guitar... and I really can't resist the blatant plug for that store).

-Skrud [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Jackson for Beginners???

Originally posted by J.Hutto:
      Well, if you're looking towards the DXMG then you are in luck ! www.americanmusicalsupply has them on a blowout sale. They have one for $399.99 ! It lists for $800.00 !
      J.Hutto
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude! Matt (OLSG) sells them for $349.99 with OHSC incl.

Comment

Working...
      X