Whatever happened to Robb Lane???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to Robb Lane???

Remember a few years ago when Robb Lane had a massive collection of Charvels & Jacksons available for sale? What happened - did he sell his domain name and get out of the hobby altogether? Spoke to him once when he had his auto body shop down in Orange Co. CA. Seemed like a knowledgeable and nice guy. I recall that he was helping Grover Jackson move to San Clemente, CA and got a few one off pieces from Grover.

Re: Whatever happened to Robb Lane???

He went thru a nasty divorce and had to sell his stuff off.

Comment

I saw some recognizable pieces, but the majority of them vanished. I initially had wanted the sky blue matching pointy head strat w/ maple board, but I believe thats gone to a collector.

I believe someone else bought the domain name. Just thought that Robb would always maintain that site being that he was fanatically into Charvel / Jacksons.

Comment

Yeah they did...check it out.

www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

Hossman runs it I believe.

Comment

I wonder if he had to pay big $$$ for the domain name? Its great that a JCF guy has it. In the late 90's, there used to be a huge archive of pictures similar to Jacksonmuesum. Its seems the only Charvels available for sale nowadays are eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
            Yeah they did...check it out.

www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

Hossman runs it I believe.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That website needs proofreading big time.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Rob lane started out on the right path but then took a couple of turns for the worse.
              I'm not at liberty to give details, and as far as I am concerned, it is a dead horse not worth beating.
              Let's just say Karma kicked his ass..

Comment

Jeeeesh, this is starting to smell of Ed Roman proportions! Would be interesting to hear the lowdown from somebody comfortable revealing the key points.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdzeyeee:
                  I wonder if he had to pay big $$$ for the domain name? Its great that a JCF guy has it. In the late 90's, there used to be a huge archive of pictures similar to Jacksonmuesum. Its seems the only Charvels available for sale nowadays are eBay!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe that the original domain had a .com suffix. I know that Robb gave permission for Hoss to use some of the old content from the site; don't know if he had to pay for that.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ralph. Are you the same Ralph that I gave a lead to on the sunburst stathead dinky? Hope your still enjoying it.

I spoke to Robb a few years ago and he was really into the Charvel / Jackson thing. He had one of the top sites back 5 years ago. I see that he's a webmaster for GMW's website or shares an affilation of some type with them.

I'm not looking to stir up bad feelings, just was curious as to what happened to the dude. He completely disappeared from the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdzeyeee:
                      Are you the same Ralph that I gave a lead to on the sunburst stathead dinky?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that is me. That was many years ago, like 1998. You were in New Orleans if I remember right? Unfortunately, I did sell that back in 2000, along with most of my collection.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this is the guitar in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718975137&rd=1

Any chance you want to buy her back, Ralph?! She's reasonably priced! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep Ralph, dats me! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yeah, I think that might have been 1997. Been living in Lost Angeles the past 5 years. Got to go back to N'Awlins and get my seafood fix from time to time though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
                            Let's just say Karma kicked his ass..
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can only hope this happens to others far more deserving... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Robb is not here to defend any comments made, so lets get back on topic.

Robb went through a divorce, which forced the sale of his collection. He has not been involved in the hobby since, to my knowledge.

End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop:
                              If I'm not mistaken, this is the guitar in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718975137&rd=1

Any chance you want to buy her back, Ralph?! She's reasonably priced! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And it's sitting on concrete!! Way to show off an old guitar. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X