Case for my Shannon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for my Shannon?

I've been planning on getting a new case for my Shannon for a little while now. I don't care for the one it came with. I was going to get the Jackson JCC921, I think that's the model #. Anyway I was asking questions about these cases in a previous thread but decided to start a new one because it needs to fit my Shannon specifically. I am now hearing that the Shannons don't fir these cases because of the non-recessed Floyd, and the neck tilts back or something? Is this true? And if so, why would the neck tilt back? What case should I use now?

Re: Case for my Shannon?

There's something like a 4 degree angle of tilt between the neck and the body of the Shannon Soloist due to the higher Floyd. On guitars with recessed Floyds, the body and neck are virtually parallel.

I'm not sure if I have the ORIGINAL HSC with my Shannon Soloist, but when I looked at its interior the other day, it looks like an archtop string-thru Dinky (like maybe a DKMGT) could also go in there (due to the neck angle). There's a little bit of extra space for the bolt-on neck heel. Still, my guitar fits perfectly in that case whether it is the OHSC or not. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Is 4 degrees enough to cause a problem?

Comment

If you're talking about the construction of the guitar, then it's not a problem since that's the way it was designed. Les Pauls have angled necks. A lot of other guitars have angled necks too...

See, the neck and strings aren't parallel with the body because the bridge is raised.

The angle may cause a problem if you're talking about the CASE for the particular guitar.

Comment

I'm sorry, yeah I meant the case!

Comment

in my experience, yes, it could be a problem. I don't own a shannon, but I have a soloist with a similarly non-recessed floyd, and it didn't fit very well at all in a case made for a more recent (and therefore recessed floyd-ed) soloist. Because of the neck angle, the tip of the headstock was resting on the back of the case, so the neck was being supported by where it contacted the case near to where it joined the body and the very tip of the headstock (in other words, not very well; the neck basically didn't contact the neck-support part of the case molding at all). My solution was to get a charvel chainsaw style case (originally made for one of the model series, which all had non-recessed trems (as far as I know)

(I had hope that description made sense, re-reading it, it kinda confused me, heh)

Comment

I saw your previous thread & also thought an old chainsaw case would be the answer. They are up on eBay pretty often & usually end up in the $50 range.

Comment

I have a chainsaw style charvel case for my model 6 but it fits a strat bodied guitar.

Comment

The one in the classifieds is for a Strat body!

Comment

Shannons came stock with a molded, Jackson Charvel logo'd case. If you'll tell me where I can look on the case for the model #, I'll check it out for you.

Brett

Comment

I haven't been able to find a model # on my case. It's not a logo'd case. I'm not sure what kind it is. It is nice, but it has room to move inside and I don't want the headstock to get damaged. I'm not gonna sell it or anything I just don't trust my GF around it when she's cleaning. She's DUMB!

Comment

There is a chainsaw case for sale in the Classifieds.

Comment

This is my case, just like what Brett described, a molded Jackson/Charvel rectangular case. Just like my Kelly case except the Soloist one is obviously smaller and molded for a Soloist with a non-recessed trem, I guess. Took some very quick pictures of it, so they're not up to my usual quality in photography. I couldn't find a model number anywhere on the case. (By the way, Photobucket.com ROCKS for hosting pictures.)

Comment

Working...
                          X