24" neck guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24" neck guitars

Looking to get one for my daughter. Obvious choices are the Fenders. But are there any Charvel/Jackson guitars import/USA past/present that came with a 24" neck?

Can you custom order one through the custom shop? It's not listed as an option...24.75" is their shortest...there is a special order scale length option for $120.

Note, don't have the funds for doing a custom shop order...just wondering if there's a chance in hell that one will pop up on eBay or something.

Re: 24" neck guitars

I think there were some Fender models that were 24" scales. Can't remember what they were at the moment, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the Jaguar and Jazzmaster had a 24" scale. Is that correct?

Comment

I thought those were 24.75", but Broncos, Musicmasters and some Mustangs and DuoSonics were 24" or even 22.75" I believe. Jim Shine is expert on Fenders, I bet he'd know. Oh JIIIIIIMMMMM!!!!

I miss my '65 blue Mustang! WAAH!!!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I know the Mustang, Jaguar, Jag-Stang have 24" necks. Might have to go that route. The Daisy Rock site is awesome! Their necks are 24.75".

Comment

Jaguars are always 24" scale. Musicmaster family guitars (Mustang, Duo-Sonic, Musicmaster, Bronco) can be either 24" or 22 3/4". You can tell just by looking at the neck which scale it is. 22 fret models are 24" scale and 21 fret models are 22 3/4". The necks are interchangeable, so the bodies are identical.

Jazzmasters are always Strat scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
              I know the Mustang, Jaguar, Jag-Stang have 24" necks. Might have to go that route. The Daisy Rock site is awesome! Their necks are 24.75".
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I thought at first, because their site isn't the easiest to navigate. They do in fact have many models available with shorter scale necks, and they're narrow too, especially made for girls hands.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: 24&quot; neck guitars

The Daisy Rock site is awesome! Their necks are 24.75".
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops, some of their guitars have 22.5" necks. I showed my daughter the website...she is already getting GAS symptoms...uh oh...

Comment

I showed my daughter the website...she is already getting GAS symptoms...uh oh...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hahaha, you've taught her well, sir! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Doubtful. I've never heard of anything. Perhaps you should look into Daisy Rock guitars.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think the Burns Brian May model is a 24" scale.

Comment

The Gibson Birdland is also 24".

Comment

Working...
                        X