Board Modification (Classifieds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Board Modification (Classifieds)

1) I think your reading more into what I wrote than needs be.. I've been around these collectors circles for a long time. I know for a fact that a lot of collectors got concerned about oversea's sales .. not because we were afraid that people were buying to make money .. More because San Dimas Charvels were so limited it depleted what the collectors stateside were able to find. On the flip side there are some nice europeon strathead charvels that we are not able to get here either ..so it's all relative...

2)The division among the people here is exactly why there needs not be an additional forum for overseas classifieds .. in my opinion it does nothing but creates the "Us and Them" attitude as seen in this discussion ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I would like to see different sections for the gear selling, ie; A guitar section, and amp section, and a misc. section. Maybe a wanted section.
      The reason being is you can post something for sale and by the end of the day its no longer visable.
      Or perhaps instead of the seperate sections, it could be set up so the threads don't jump to the top with each reply, rather they stay where they were first posted.

Comment

At least the Paypal verification has now been explained to my dumb Irish ass [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

And Mark, being half Irish and twice as dumb I will sell to you anytime!

Comment

it really bums me out when I see the dirt cheap prices for usa made jacksons within the U.S.

I got quoted £1600 for a soloist at my local store, but I e-mailed DCGL and they said it would cost me £861 for the same thing, including shipping! even with taxes, that comes to an even £1000!
            [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

What most US citizens do not know is that most countries now have a policy that absolutely prohibits export of ANYTHING that can be considered CLASSIC. I discovered this while working outside of the US. You can buy it but you can't get it out of the country.

Welcome Irish, our family emmigrated in 1653, not by choice! Sometimes it is better to be alive than right.

Sorry about breaking the thread but I thought you should know.

grandpa

Comment

Grandpa
                The "person" who caused your family's upheaval was downright evil. Not sure we should talk about this in this Forum though.
                Hope your ancestors prospered in America. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mark
                Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Everyone has valid points here.
                  Charvel 750- I'm with you on that, yes.
                  Snoogans- Yeah we are Limeys, but I wanted to beat Gary to calling us Poms [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .
                  Its useless becuase I always see something I want to buy and then realise its in Olklahoma or somewhere like that. I dont want to buy before Ive seen/tried, Im sure you can understand that. The main part is, I wanted a section for people that were like in the UK or summat and were selling gear so I wouldn't get disapointed about missing out on all these cool guitars. I mean over here, a DX10 list price is £379 for solid colours (thats about $568), and thats what they sell for. Its basically jealousy. And Id prefer a forum I could use rather than one I just ignore.
                  Sorry if Ive p*ssed a few people off here. This board is fan-freaking-tastic and its the only thing I come online for pretty much and I spend about 2+ hours here every night (sad, I know).

James

[ December 17, 2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

No international user can have a confirmed shipping address registered with PayPal. This is a fact clearly outlined in their user agreement page. You can have a bank account verification completed, but NEVER can you have a confirmed shipping address. This is because PayPal, a USA based company, cannot accurately confirm non USA addresses.

Please understand, this is not a thread about us vs. them. Far from it. I'm not going to sell to anyone unless they pay me in a way that is the most fraud free mode, as I outlined above. Don't like that? Then don't buy from me! I would trust most JCF members regardless of country of origin, but the average jay? Nah.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                    X