• Show
Clear All

Re: Hello Fender guys

They are around

remeber they have a whole bunch of stuff to do to get ready for NAMM

[ December 20, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Good point... No time to post on message boards when you're gearing up for something like that...

I do expect to see them pop in on ocassion... probably not as much as I would like... but oh well, can't have everything you want. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

While I didn't read every single post in the "Fender Guys" threads (the two that were pinned were removed??), from what I saw as far as any sort of "bashing" was limited to the decision to axe Kevin Easton and keep Donny Wade - let's see, keep the guy who busted his balls to be a pal to the JCF or keep the guy that was single-handedly responsible for killing the JCF Robbin Crosby Tribute model?
        They chose the schmuck over the hero, and frankly that was the wrong choice.
        I'm sure the Fender guys also wanted a little more "control" over the content of the JCF - remember when everyone was slamming the new import Jacksons last year and "corporate" pulled the main link from the MotherShip to the JCF? Kinda pissy, IMO. Maybe they wanted an ESP board with rules like "thou shalt not speak highly of any other brand"?
        While I applaud the initial "ice breaking" by the Fender guys, I hope they don't think we're all just going to sit quietly when we were so vocal and active in the Jackson community before the buyout - Kevin came in and asked for our "Wish List" and a lot of what WE as a community wished for came true, and we fully expect Fender to have the exact same open ear to us, even as they bow to their "Uber-collector" following regarding their Stratocaster and other classic lines (i.e. no modernization that would openly compete with other guitar companies, such as rear loaded Strats, 24 frets, neckthrough USA production models with h-s-h and OFRs, etc). They've got the same ignorant worshippers/Puritans/Templars that Gibson has - "changes from the original 50's designs are blasphemy".
        We, however, are always open to suggestions on improving the Jackson line, *but* we prefer to be the ones who make and/or approve those suggestions. We are moderately Puritanical, but we are far more open to modifying the classic Jackson/Charvel designs with more modern features - i.e. 24 fret neckthrough Rhoads, anyone? MOP block inlays with an abalone diagonal stripe on a Soloist, as found on the Japanese-only NASL? Sure is a nice break from dots and fins.

Hopefully Fender will not only heed our suggestions, but also stop in often enough to officially ask for our input, as well as give credit where it's due - just as Kevin Easton did "in the old days". There wouldn't even BE a Mother Of All Info Pages without the exhaustive contributions of the JCF (scanning out-of-print catalogs, compiling info from rare/obscure models, etc etc). Creating the actual web pages was difficult enough, and Kevin never claimed all the credit for the work in gathering the info, and he certainly never mentioned anything (that I saw or read) about the info not being open to the public. Now with Fender it's gotta go through a committee? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
        Slams are earned, just like trust and respect.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pure speculation on your part Matt. Fender may not have had a choice picking up Donnie Wade. He could have very well had a contract in place that they had to honor. But that's speculation on my part. And all this speculation is posted here like it's fact. When the real fact is that none of us know jack $hit about what is happening with Jackson. The only fact is AMIC sold Jackson to FMIC. I also heard that Kevin is currently working with FMIC. Not sure if that is true or not but if it is who knows where it could lead.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

My guess, big switch over, the hoildays, and this can be a pretty rough bunch sometimes,they'll be back,but with head gear on.
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Thanks for the update on Kevin [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Is he a permanent FMIC employee now or just a temp while the QC/changeover is done?
              Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He's helping them for a total of three weeks, this being the last week, but I've been told to wait and see you never know.

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed for Kevin... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am one of the 'Fender' guys. I am still around, just not as much. I have been keeping an eye on the board though. I have responded to a few things here, but most of my forum chat is over at the FDP. If you check me out over there you will see I have not been having to defend the Jackson/Charvel name much anymore as many people feel Fender has the "Midas touch", so they now support J/C. Before all this I was very adamant in letting all of them know just how much I love Jackson guitars (they are my second favorite brand) for years and took alot of abuse. There are still those ignorant fokkers who say stuff like "Jackson? Oh boy, bring out the hairspray."

Comment

I thought he was helping with NAMM also?
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      We must increase the bust!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!
                      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                        I am one of the 'Fender' guys. I am still around, just not as much. I have been keeping an eye on the board though. I have responded to a few things here, but most of my forum chat is over at the FDP. If you check me out over there you will see I have not been having to defend the Jackson/Charvel name much anymore as many people feel Fender has the "Midas touch", so they now support J/C. Before all this I was very adamant in letting all of them know just how much I love Jackson guitars (they are my second favorite brand) for years and took alot of abuse. There are still those ignorant fokkers who say stuff like "Jackson? Oh boy, bring out the hairspray."
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jim,

Thanks for posting here .. please hang around .. great place to be .. I do know for a fact that some of the other guys while not posting here are still reading this board daily .. maybe once they see all the hoopla die down maybe they will start posting again actively ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks KMaynard! I will stay, don't worry about that. Just understand that my expertise is in Fender, so I tend to hang around those folks more often. It sure is nice coming here and being able to get away once in a while. I also like helping people out who don't know much about older Fender's, especially the obsqure models.

Another reason I like this board alot is that it appears that most here dig the music I am into (most forms of old school metal).

Comment

Kevin is currently in Corona CA. helping the FMIC team QC guitars and getting them into inventory, so they can get them out of the warehouse faster. He should be back home in time for the holiday.

Comment

Yeah, that's us....old school..... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                                (they are my second favorite brand) for years and took alot of abuse. There are still those ignorant fokkers who say stuff like "Jackson? Oh boy, bring out the hairspray."
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Jim,
                                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for weighing in! About the hairspray quote, LOL! I for one don't take that as an insult! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] A lot of "hair metal" bands had talent and were quite entertaining. I'm sure there are a few other "hair metal fans" here on the JCF. I find myself listening to the Hair Metal channel on Spinner.com often lately (in fact I'm listening now, "Fool for your Lovin', Whitesnake) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Again, thanks!
                                R
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X