EMG 85 question ( important )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 85 question ( important )

first of all if i posted it in a wrong place then admin plz move it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

now the important thing is

look at this

http://img.allegro.pl/photos/400x300...96083/19608380

if it won't work then ( http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=19608380 )

so at the main pic you see something like this :

the pickup wiring goes out ( i have an emg 81 so i checked it but maybe it's just different than in 81 ) :

u see the red part of emg cord ? in some place it's like covered with an isolation tape and then it's green .

So i suppose that the wiring was cut ( torn apart whatever) and then it got connected together ...

SO : I've total NO SKILLS IN ELECTRONICS and i've question like this

Should it work ? (is it possible to get a replacement for that cable / order a new one ? )

the pickup is about 50 bucks so it's rather cheap

peace and thx for help

Re: EMG 85 question ( important )

That is the + polarity for the battery.

The colour of isolation of the wire doesn't matter. It has to be a clean copper wire, that's all. As long it's copper the pickup will work flawlessly (if there aren't any internal mistakes regarding pickup itself).

If you're planning to connect it with another EMG pickup (so you'd have two hums for example) you will need to reconnect that "green" wire (+ for battery) to a "crossroad" of the battery jack. You skin the red wire which is coming from battery jack to your 81 pickup and solder that red or green (however you want) to that red wire.

And the "hot" goes to your switch of course.

Well if you have any more quiestion feel free to contact me at [email protected].
    Month ago I installed EMGs 81 by myself so my knowledge about wiring etc. is a bit fresh now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sincerely,
    Tadej

Comment

Yup. The red battery lead was too short so they added onto it with a green one. No problem as long as the red wire (and anything attached to the red wire) ends up on the battery clip [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've payed more attention to the picture and now I see that the green wire doesn't really lead nowhere. I think you will have to open the battery jack and resolder tha battery back to the + connector.

The red should be connected to the battery jack like the black one is.

Comment

I have to correct myself:

resolder tha battery
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Resolder the wire.

Comment

Working...
          X