Talk about a sick feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talk about a sick feeling...

I have some pics of a box that I received from UPS..SCARY STUFF..I may post them

Comment

What is it with UPS and DXMG's? At least just your headstock was broken, my guitar came in 3 pieces, literally! Stick that thing back in the good case, and stick it to UPS. They'd do it you, and they wouldn't even give you any lube! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, Chuck can fix that guitar, and make it real pretty! He has all the neccessary tape, nails, and glue. Go get 'em, Chuck! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet Lucifer that sucks...HARD!

Comment

UPS GORILLAS...I GOTTA FIND A NEW SHIPPER

Comment

Couple of things; First, I agree 100% with Chuck. This was caused by the guitar not fitting snugly in the case. Your description of the damage confirmed this. The seller is responsible for handling any UPS insurance claims. Send him back the guitar, or turn it over to UPS and get your money back.

Here's a little tip I picked up from Lee Garver; Never ship a guitar this close to the Christmas Holiday. UPS and all of the other shipping companies hire temporary help around this time of year. Imagine yourself working for not-so-great money and knowing full well that you are going to be out of a job after the 1st of the New Year. Now imagine how you would treat the never ending river of packages that came at you all day long. I think you get the idea. Lee told me that he has seen package handlers literally throwing packages as far as humanly possible. Pack everything (all year long) with this in mind.

Comment

I have never had a guitar arrive in that condition but I once had a hand forged 2 handed sword delivered to by door with a piece of the ricasso snapped off. If I had to wait the alotted amount of time for custom sword smithing, I would have been waiting 2-3 YEARS!
                I have a couple of friends who drive for UPS. It isn't just the holidays its everyday. The monkeys in the wharehouse throw packages and even run them over with fork-lifts! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                Dorry about your bad day man, I feel for ya'.

Comment

i think i'd cry [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude,I work for airborne express have been there for 12 years.This is the worst time to ship anything with the christmas rush and all.There is so much freight coming in and out of these places that the handling quality is horrible.Oh and I give you my condolences for the guitar.

Comment

Don't switch the case!!! If it doesn't weigh in exactly as iy was sent {orig. box, packing, etc.}, your claim will be denied...

Comment

I'm sorry that happened to you man. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Best of luck...

Comment

It is without a doubt the shippers fault. It would be like almost if he shipped it without case or box. If he insured it maybe.

Myself everything I ship is from my office. As a business we have more weight in a damaged claim because they don't want to lose our business and also we have not payed our bill yet usually hen a shipment is received.

Anyway I feel for ya man tough situation.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                          X