Rhoads customs(1983-1984)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads customs(1983-1984)

How many Original Rhoads customs from 1983-1984 are amongst us? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    1990 Jackson Professional
    1992 Dean ML
    2004 Epiphone Flying V
    2005 Epiphone Dot
    2009 Fender Stratocaster
    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
    2006 Fender P Bass
    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
    Custom Pedalboard
    ADA MP1
    ADA FX2
    Tascam 2488

Re: Rhoads customs(1983-1984)

Well, there's less than a thousand of any Rhoads model in that time frame. I would guess 75% were Customs, the rest Students, so now that's 750 guitars. How many are owned by JCF members of that total? I'll guess 200. Anyone else?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I own RR0875 1984 Black string thru custom. The only thing not original on it was the strap buttons so Jim Shine hooked me up with the right ones I will try and post pics shortly. One thing I noticed about my 84 custom is the binding goes over the fretends is this common for a San Dimas Jackson?

Comment

Yup, they bound over the fret ends until some point in the late spring of 1986.

[ November 12, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I owned RR0944 a few years ago. UPS cracked the headstock during shipping and subsequently paid my insurance claim and took the (then stripped) body away for salvage. I'd guess that it's dead and gone.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

They sell that stuff off eventually. There was a salvage store up here that bought a bunch of broken guitars from UPS and sold them to the public fairly cheap. A friend bought an old Gretsch and a few other recent misc brand guitars from them in that deal. I would love to know where UPS sells these items.

Comment

I want one of these soooo bad, it almost hurts. Maybe someday. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              1990 Jackson Professional
              1992 Dean ML
              2004 Epiphone Flying V
              2005 Epiphone Dot
              2009 Fender Stratocaster
              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
              2006 Fender P Bass
              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
              Custom Pedalboard
              ADA MP1
              ADA FX2
              Tascam 2488

Comment

Hey...newbie here. I just got an 86 Rhoads. The serial number is RR1820. It plays great!

Comment

a string thru RR custom is one of the few guitars ive always wanted & never owned. im still looking too, but whenever i find tem they either beat to crap or too much $ for me

Comment

I have RR0801. It's black with gold hardware and a factory installed Floyd rose.
                    It's my prize of the herd.

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit this but,I owned RR #0053!! White w/gold hardware & are ya ready...Block inlays like Randys original [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!It was killer!! I sold it about ten years ago like a moron & I've been tryin to track it down ever since!!Alright everybody line up to call me a Dumb-ass!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

I had A RR white w/black pinstipes that I sold to a friend 12 years ago for $500 [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Serial was RR04xx. Everytime I talk to him I get sick [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Mulder,I feel your pain bro [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] LOL!!Chucksplatter

Comment

I have rr 0168, I believe. Can't recall the serialno. right now. It is a red/black bengal RR student with sparkled finish.

Comment

I have RR0480. Black string through. It has rosewood fretboard with dot inlays. Is this the "student"?

Comment

Working...
                              X