Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mij dxmg

Have aquired a Japanese built dxmg , it was really rough,
    have redrilled and dowelled the neck holes ,reset the neck, stripped original paint butchered by last owner, removed the birch veneer and used a mix of black boot polish and beeswax to finish the body, finally fitted emg Zak Wilde pups , it's awesome and I love it . I'll try post pics asap
    Last edited by Gingdalph; 10-12-2018, 01:58 PM. Reason: Photo required

I have no idea how to add photos, any help please?

Comment

You need to use a hosting site to post your pics. I use imgur.com since it's free and pretty easy to use. Upload your pics there and copy a link into your threads here. I think a number of members here are using that site since photobucket.com started charging a fee. There are also some other free sites. I'm sure some guys will chime in about those.

Comment

Thank you , am a bit behind with technology it seems , anyhow, here's my guitar ,

Comment

All the electronics are solderless and it has an emg three way switch, and a floyd rose trem-stop, will fit an original floyd rose soon , am also making the back plates from some copper plate, it's tuned to c standard where it will stay !

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looks great with the natural finish!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice, looks like alder, thought the dxmgs were basswood
              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

It is alder , the earlier versions were made from alder , they went to basswood around 2006 I believe ...

Comment

Looks great. I even like the knobs and I usually only go for black.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks, I was on a budget , hence the finish, the knobs are made of boxwood

Comment

I've only recently became a fan of natural tops and I prefer something that looks 'distressed' or old/worn.
                      Like an old board from a barn or wooden boat.
                      Yours has that vibe.
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Black boot polish highlights the imperfections in the alder, am going to flatten off the finish on the back of the neck and char it slightly ... If I can find another dx I'll take a different approach and use three or four single coils for a different sound

Comment

That turned out nice. Damn good save!

Comment

I would love to have my MIJ DXMG back. Incredible guitar.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Came out great! Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                              X