Trying to figure out where my Jackson was made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out where my Jackson was made

Hi, I just joined and have been searching the internet for a place that will tell me where and when my Jackson was made so I can replace the bridge with the proper one. The guitar is a red strat body with a bolt on neck HSS pick up configuration and serial # 2479. Can anybody point me in the right direction. My best guess is that the bridge is a Shaller JT590 Floyd Rose lic. but I'm only going on pictures. Other Floyd roses don't work because the block is not long (deep) enough.

Floyd blocks come in different sizes, most common are 32mm and 42mm. The 32 is usually used for recessed and the 42 is usually used for non-recessed. There's also a 37mm.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm Check out that page. According to the serial it would have been made in late 80s in ontario USA. If you have doubts post pictures here.

Like Xenophobe said the sustain block can be changed to longer/shorter one.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBoltOn View Post
        Hi, I just joined and have been searching the internet for a place that will tell me where and when my Jackson was made so I can replace the bridge with the proper one. The guitar is a red strat body with a bolt on neck HSS pick up configuration and serial # 2479. Can anybody point me in the right direction. My best guess is that the bridge is a Shaller JT590 Floyd Rose lic. but I'm only going on pictures. Other Floyd roses don't work because the block is not long (deep) enough.
        You do know the blocks are replaceable and come in 3 sizes (or more?) 32mm, 37mm and 42mm.

Comment

Working...
        X