Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Charvel is this?

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this as I don't know if it's a USA, Japan or fake.

Never seen anything like it, what is it?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-ins...tar/1301107692

Desolation series, a DX-1. This is the first batch of non-MIJ Made in China guitars. They play pretty well, but they never really hit it off. I had one, had to completely sand the back of the neck until it felt right. Components were decent, build quality was spotty with lots of little things to nitpick... binding and paint issues mostly.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        ...had to completely sand the back of the neck until it felt right...
        Thats awesome! Im glad that Im not the only one who does this nowadays! More people should try it!
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          Thats awesome! Im glad that Im not the only one who does this nowadays! More people should try it!
          I've never completely sanded the neck. But matting the finish with a pot scourer works pretty well. And is reversible if you ever want to go back to that glossy neck feel. Just give it a polish
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            I only did it because my neck was fairly rough... it felt somewhere in the 200-400 grit range, so I did 800 and 1000 I think, to get a nice raw satin feel.

I haven't needed to do this with any MIJ or USA Jacksons.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X