Charvel Pro Mod Okoume body Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Pro Mod Okoume body Dinky

Anyone with hand on experience with this one? This wood and guitar intrigues me, both looks and tonewise.
    More generally, does the DK24 line warrant buying sight unseen from overseas? Possibly no guitar does, but does it fare well in quality and consistency?
    Thank you.

Maybe try this in the Charvel import area?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Maybe try this in the Charvel import area?
      You think so? Okay let's see, thanks.

Comment

Since this is one of the "newer" guitars, I'll offer some perspective based on observations.

By no means do I speak for the majority of JCFers, but I've noticed a trend that we as a group exhibit a tendency to not be prolific field-testers of new retail Jacksons/Charvels. You might be waiting a while before someone comes along with real-world experience on this newer guitar. It might be faster if you managed to give one a test-drive yourself, rather than waiting for replies. Maybe order one from a place where you can do a full return, if that exists. You might be the pioneer or guinea pig here. Harsh reality.

It does look nice and seems promising. Have we heard any/many complaints about Mexican-built Charvels in general? I don't know for certain, because I haven't really been paying attention. Aside from forum member Vector, I'm not sure I can name one JCF "expert" on Mexican Charvels. On the other hand, ask a question about older, American or Japanese Jacksons/Charvels, and the experts contribute in droves.

Comment

I am not trying to make fun here but check youtube for review. What i have seen only 1 guy has posted something about a DK24 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Since this is one of the "newer" guitars, I'll offer some perspective based on observations.

By no means do I speak for the majority of JCFers, but I've noticed a trend that we as a group exhibit a tendency to not be prolific field-testers of new retail Jacksons/Charvels. You might be waiting a while before someone comes along with real-world experience on this newer guitar. It might be faster if you managed to give one a test-drive yourself, rather than waiting for replies. Maybe order one from a place where you can do a full return, if that exists. You might be the pioneer or guinea pig here. Harsh reality.

It does look nice and seems promising. Have we heard any/many complaints about Mexican-built Charvels in general? I don't know for certain, because I haven't really been paying attention. Aside from forum member Vector, I'm not sure I can name one JCF "expert" on Mexican Charvels. On the other hand, ask a question about older, American or Japanese Jacksons/Charvels, and the experts contribute in droves.
            This will be an overseas order, so returning is not easy. There are some utube reviews on the DK24's but I don't hear any critical remarks. I think utubers like to get along well with the brands a bit too much for anybody's good. Or maybe these are unbelievably great instruments for the price indeed. Thanks for the guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
              I am not trying to make fun here but check youtube for review. What i have seen only 1 guy has posted something about a DK24 here.
              Thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
              X