Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF?No posting without Platinum membership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?No posting without Platinum membership?

I have not been able to post or reply here for quite some time.I am not sure why.I sent several messages to admin with no response.I renew my platinum membership and what do you know,I now once again have posting privileges.I don't mind the membership fee for the extras you get,but did not think it was requirement to participate in the site.Am I missing something,or just some error?
    Jamey

I have no idea, but it hasn't been worth paying for this site in a long while.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jamey View Post
      I have not been able to post or reply here for quite some time.I am not sure why.I sent several messages to admin with no response.I renew my platinum membership and what do you know,I now once again have posting privileges.I don't mind the membership fee for the extras you get,but did not think it was requirement to participate in the site.Am I missing something,or just some error?
      Jamey
      The only place I was aware of you couldn't post with out being platinum was the ads section and there's a platinum members section, but everywhere else on here if you're logged in you should be able to post
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Oh, just noticed half of the forum is missing... wtf? all the non guitar stuff is missing.

...and now it's all back. something is going sideways on the site.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Don't know,I could sign in and read everything but no posting of threads or replies.At least the last 6/7 months.Just a bit fishy it works fine once I renew a platinum membership....smh!

Comment

Which admin did you send a message to? I could have fixed your account without you having to pay for another platinum membership. I don't think the other admins come here much, if at all.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure which admin.I just used the contact admin message.I was going to renew my platinum at some point anyway,just annoyed the hell out of me that it was the way to restore my posting abilities.So not exactly wasted money.

Comment

I'm not even sure where the contact admin button sends the e-mail. Better off contacting one of us directly through PM.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I'm not even sure where the contact admin button sends the e-mail. Better off contacting one of us directly through PM.
                  it will go to the forum "owner" if you will...full admin abilities, etc.

definitely NOT the way to get any sort of quick response on any vBulletin forum as it is something very rarely checked it would seem.

Comment

that's odd. I let my Platinum membership expire years ago. They still haven't shut me up
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I basically black balled this site after we all moved over from the old site. I had over 3k posts on the old site. Moved to this one, started back at zero and couldn't post in the classifieds at that time without a hundred posts, and now apparently you have to pay for it. That all left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. That and the political climate between some members was really toxic at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHead View Post
                        I basically black balled this site after we all moved over from the old site. I had over 3k posts on the old site. Moved to this one, started back at zero and couldn't post in the classifieds at that time without a hundred posts, and now apparently you have to pay for it. That all left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. That and the political climate between some members was really toxic at the time.
                        everyone started back at zero when the forum moved sites. I think RacerX had 10,000 posts on the old site. Took him weeks to get that number back.

As for paying to post in the Classifieds, that was implemented years ago after some dealers basically took over the section. They thought they were shooting fish in the barrel with us dumb J/C fans & we'd all be gagging for their inventory. Turned the classifieds into their own commercial space. So the admins locked it down and added a dealer section for any stores that wanted to pay for the privilege. Nothing stopping you from IMing someone who has listed an ad, but if you want to sell, you either have to pay or list it somewhere else.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I had the same issue - found this thread through Bing, messages Toejam and it looks like it's all sorted now

Comment

Testing Cheers everybody!

Comment

Testing also...check..CHECK! CHECK! .. I'm good!
                              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X