Ed roman site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed roman site

What’s up with this? Who is he talking about?

For All You Charvel San Dimas Lovers!
    Many of the San Dimas Guitars I have seen are fraudulent. I mean how easy it it to make a copy of a Fender copy? Oh you checked yours out with Jackson, so you are confident that yours is real. I've got sad news for you. The principal forger of the San Dimas guitars who shall remain un-named, If I say his name, he will sue me, because it is hard to prove.
    Here's the sad news. This SOB, who pretends to be mister know it all on Jackson/Charvel is actually acquiring original Charvel guitars. When he is 100% satisfied that they are original & real he will make a number of exact copies of it. In this way when you call Jackson to check out the guitar you will find that all the colors and numbers match. Theoretically you could buy a perfect copy right down to the serial # and color. buyer beware. I have purposely stayed away from the old San Dimas Charvel guitars because I knew that someday this would come out and every one of them will come under suspicion.
    There is only one way to get a real one and be 100% sure. If you find an old Charvel at a Tag Sale for $150.00 I will bet it's real. The minute any dealer has had it, I would immediately doubt it's authenticity. The high price taints the originality.

Sorry for the black text

Comment

Do you realize he died several years ago? He also had a reputation as a sometimes liar, scam artist, and forger of other brands. Not that he never did any good, but his reputation made it hard to ever tell the truth vs. the lie with the guy.

Comment

Interesting...i was just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Do you realize he died several years ago? He also had a reputation as a sometimes liar, scam artist, and forger of other brands. Not that he never did any good, but his reputation made it hard to ever tell the truth vs. the lie with the guy.
          Man he was the scourge around here for a while though. Wasn't it Ron who had a run in with Ed Roman?

Comment

Yeah, Ron "ran" his foot into the posterior of Ed Roman.

Classic JCF Yearbook moment.

Comment

ironic, Ed calling out "someone" for faking Charvels, given that a large portion of his inventory seemed to consist of Roman built copies of other brands, including the pile of unfinished BC Riches that he apparently bought, completed & sold as genuine.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah such a sketchy dude he was. Basically slammed everyone but himself, even in that post 'if any dealer has it, I would doubt it being real' ... but buy from me!

Would love to hear this Ron story...

Comment

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
                  Would love to hear this Ron story...
                  Unfortunately RacerX's original topic, which had the subject line of (or similar to) "I kicked Ed Roman's ass!" is a deleted/dead thread.

Sully recounted it here: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/12...=1#post1465878

At the time of the event, Ed Roman elicited plenty of hatred on JCF. So the swift kick in the backside seemed like vindication.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    ironic, Ed calling out "someone" for faking Charvels, given that a large portion of his inventory seemed to consist of Roman built copies of other brands, including the pile of unfinished BC Riches that he apparently bought, completed & sold as genuine.
                    Supposedly the way you could tell them apart is the Ed Roman BCRs appear flawless.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Pretty surprised that turned out to be literal hahaha

Comment

Yea and he had more BCRich and Kramer necks than they ever made to begin with. From what I gather, his website, company, and remaining stock are being handled by family, but I never cared enough to confirm that by contacting them. Be nice to just see it all disappear.
                        Didn't someone on here Photoshop his face onto a leprechaun or some shit like that?
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The funny thing about [t]Ro[ll]man was that he actually had a bunch of great guitars
                          mixed in with all the counterfeit shit. But his underhandedness kept knowledgeable
                          people from dealing with him. I believe a few members of this forum actually had
                          favorable dealings with him...

Didn't he have an impressive brick and mortar shop in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                            The funny thing about [t]Ro[ll]man was that he actually had a bunch of great guitars
                            mixed in with all the counterfeit shit. But his underhandedness kept knowledgeable
                            people from dealing with him. I believe a few members of this forum actually had
                            favorable dealings with him...

Didn't he have an impressive brick and mortar shop in Vegas?
                            Yeah he did, I went in there once and the sales person was on me like flys on shit. I started name dropping people from LA (who existed but he wouldn't have known) and oh yeah, that guy was the strip and this and that and other bullshit. Some awesome looking guitars in there, if they were real, i couldn't tell ya. the stretch limo in front of the place was cheesy as hell
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              Supposedly the way you could tell them apart is the Ed Roman BCRs appear flawless.
                              HA!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X