Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help identifying and finding info on my 1996 Dinky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help identifying and finding info on my 1996 Dinky.

Hi there, I have this Jackson Dinky Reverse that I got a while back and I don't know as much as I'd like to about it. What I do know is that it was made in 1996 in Thailand, it has an Original made in Germany schaller floyd rose trem, possibly upgraded pickups? I got this guitar used and it shows obvious signs of use and maybe road use. What I want to know is are these Thailand Jacksons rare, what is their value, and where can I find more info about what exactly my guitar model is? Pictures below . . . Thanks for any help y'all can give me.
    Serial Number: 650012725

Thanks for any help! Sorry for my guitar being so dusty . . .

Those were made in Taiwan exclusively for Musician's Friend. They had two models; one with dots and that one with the reverse sharkfins. The original trem was a cheaper JT500, I believe. I used to have one of those bodies.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Have you had your intonation checked? The reason i ask is the odd position of the saddles.

Comment

Yeah, one of the little seen Taiwanese models from the '90s. I think they were called a JD95 or JDR95.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Would you consider these rare? How many do you think were produced?

Comment

They were made in Taiwan. There could be 1 made, it doesn't make it special.

Comment

You have a point... lol. Doesn't feel like it though I'll tell ya that. This thing plays better than most of the guitars I've played. But that is probably because of the previous owners work on it.

Comment

Hard to say how many were made. I'd guess no more than a couple hundred, maybe less than 100.

They show up on the forums a handful of times a year. It probably wouldn't be unrealistic to say they're kinda' rare. Certainly not common.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X