Anyone have more info on this RR model? 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have more info on this RR model? 1997

Hi, does anyone have more info on this model? Looks to be mij 1997 per the serial number. Back of headstock says, “22/24.” Not sure what that means. Thanks!!

https://reverb.com/item/10841406-jac...-emg-81-pickup

It may have been a special run of the Concords put out in 97 but I dont think so. It was supposed to be number 22 of 24 made I would guess. I seem to remember these but cant remember what store did the run. This guitar looks like some cheap white vee being passed off as something special The Concordes had larger bodies, all brass and 2 hum. Looks like its gone now. Did you buy it? It says its made in indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      It may have been a special run of the Concords put out in 97 but I dont think so. It was supposed to be number 22 of 24 made I would guess. I seem to remember these but cant remember what store did the run. This guitar looks like some cheap white vee being passed off as something special The Concordes had larger bodies, all brass and 2 hum. Looks like its gone now. Did you buy it? It says its made in indonesia.

Yes I bought the guitar. I think the Concorde description was an error since it looks similar. From the serial number research it appears to be MIJ. Hopefully it plays/sounds good!! Thanks!

Comment

That is not a Concorde.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

The serial indicates 2004ish, Japan. Those numbers ran in sequence.
          It certainly appears to be a limited run, but unless someone ID's it, the quickest way would be to remove the neck and check the date/model stamps in the pocket and on the neck heel.
          MIJ models from the 2000's all had stamps.

The low E looks like it's a long way from the neck edge at the nut, no?
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I seem to vaguely recall a limited run of those in the mid 2000s, definitely not the '90s.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dammit I'm pretty sure I remember those from the mid 2000's. I just can't remember the dealer. If I remember right they were a web based dealer. They used to do cool limited runs fairly often, and if I remember right they did a couple of cool DK2 runs.

OP, I would have hit that like a baby seal. Nice score!
              Last edited by Razor; 03-27-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                Dammit I'm pretty sure I remember those from the mid 2000's. I just can't remember the dealer. If I remember right they were a web based dealer. They used to do cool limited runs fairly often, and if I remember right they did a couple of cool DK2 runs.

Thanks for the responses! I’ll definitely take the neck off and post an update!!

Comment

GuitarXpress? I don't remember them doing this run though. I think it may have been after all that.

$349 was a pretty nice price for that.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Model

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    GuitarXpress? I don't remember them doing this run though. I think it may have been after all that.

Inside the neck pocket the letters “RX SP” are legible. It looks like there’s another letter in the middle of those letters but it’s not legible, could maybe be a C.

Comment

I’d sell it to you if you’re interested? It’s cool but I found something else I want more!

Comment

Originally posted by Swanation45 View Post
                        I’d sell it to you if you’re interested? It’s cool but I found something else I want more!
                        Thanks for the offer, but my gun collection has taken all my attention for the past nine or so years. I thinned my herd down to three guitars. It was two guitars for the longest time, but I did come across a pawn shop score last year that had to come home with me.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

GuitarXpress is exactly who I was thinking of!
                        Last edited by Razor; 04-25-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X