Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jackson guitars become the new Sears Catalog guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Jackson guitars become the new Sears Catalog guitar?

So I have been looking at guitars over the last couple months, knowing I was going to buy something new. Being as my second love has always been the Jackson Rhoads, I started looking at Jacksons. Unless I've missed something, every guitar that isn't a custom select has toilet seat inlays, far too many have basswood bodies (sorry you're not going to convince me it's decent wood)

Now I get the idea for a basic line, but when you start getting into guitars close to the $1000 dollar range, that's not beginner level pricing.

I have an Agile 3100 that cost me something like 359 dollars, it's made out of better wood, has an ebony fret board and MOP. How is it that Jackson can't do that on their higher end imports?

Don't get me wrong, it's not *just* Jackson, I was looking at some LTD's that were well over a grand and toilet seat inlays on those.

You know how much it is on a custom shot Agile to get MOP inlays? 20 dollars.

Aggravating.

Now does MOP affect sound? Probably not but it's still a rip off that they don't put it on their upper level imports. moto looks like shit when you look at it, cummy looking plastic...
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Even the desolation stuff had abalone (fake?) which is nicer than mot. Did people complain about black plastic in the maple boarded dk2ms. I dont recall. It still looked good though. I agree that the 1000 buck guitars should not have crappy plastic inlays. Maybe they are doing it on purpose to push people into the custom select guitars.

Comment

I mean for what it's worth Gibson doesn't even use mother of pearl in their $2200 Les Paul Standards.

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Even the desolation stuff had abalone (fake?) which is nicer than mot. Did people complain about black plastic in the maple boarded dk2ms. I dont recall. It still looked good though. I agree that the 1000 buck guitars should not have crappy plastic inlays. Maybe they are doing it on purpose to push people into the custom select guitars.
      The black plastic inlays bled black dye into the rest of the fretboard which ended up looking atrocious if you gigged at all or played a lot. Not sure about DK2M's, but every RR24M i've seen has this problem including mine
      Last edited by Grahf; 03-27-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Block inlays were bad enough. Now the RR's have toilet seats? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LRujnlT0s
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
        X