Need help finding square nut for JT-6 locking nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding square nut for JT-6 locking nut

Hi, I am new to the charvel/jackson world. I just bought my first: a Black 1987 Charvel Model 3.
    It came without a whammy bar (which I have since ordered from fretsonthenet.com) - and also, it is missing the middle bolt and square nut on the locking nut. I've read about removing the truss rod cover to see if it had fallen in there, but alas, there was nothing. I have found and ordered the screw/bolt - but I have looked everywhere and can't locate the square nut. I'm hoping maybe someone can either point me in the right direction - or if you happen to have one in your bin somewhere, I would be happy to make a deal to buy it from you!

I have attached a picture to show exactly what it is I am looking for. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

that is a kahler part. not JT-6.https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCDA&adurl=

Comment

Yes, I had read some people say that it was a kahler nut - but I figured saying it was part of a JT-6 system would better identify it. Unfortunately, I've searched for Kahler parts as well and not found the part - maybe I'm just not calling it the right thing...

Originally posted by paranoid View Post

Comment

Did you check the link? It is a link to the exact part. Is ebay not an option for you?

Comment

I'm not seeing a link.

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Did you check the link? It is a link to the exact part. Is ebay not an option for you?

Comment

I messaged an ebay store (whammy-parts) who was selling the bolt and asked if he had one of the nuts. He did, so I went ahead and bought another bolt and he is including the nut (which he called a clamp plate.)

So, just so this post might help someone in the future who may be looking for this part - what you want to search for is either kahler/jackson/charvel and stringlock clamp plate, or some combination of those words.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/i/201680672765?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Comment

Thank you - not sure why the link didn't show up earlier in the thread - but that's basically what I bought (except my bolt is the flat-head-screwdriver type instead of the allen wrench type.)

Comment

So this in an 86 with a Kahler then? The fact that you bought a bar from Budman strongly suggests that it is in fact a JT6. You'd probably be better off posting a pic of the headstock instead of the clamp plate. No telling if that clamp plate is actually the OEM part. Or was the neck swapped? I'm still confused.

Comment

No, it's an 87 - and it is a JT6.

Either way, it's all good - I got the part in today and everything seems to fit correctly.

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    So this in an 86 with a Kahler then? The fact that you bought a bar from Budman strongly suggests that it is in fact a JT6. You'd probably be better off posting a pic of the headstock instead of the clamp plate. No telling if that clamp plate is actually the OEM part. Or was the neck swapped? I'm still confused.

Comment

Yeah OK so you have two JT6 clamps and one non-original Kahler on there. The original JT6 ones were hoarded by the eBay gougers. If
                      it stays in tune
                      and you are happy with it and then it's all good.

Comment

...that's a picture of how the guitar was when I got it. There is no bolt/clamp/anything in the middle position in that photo.
                        Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Yeah OK so you have two JT6 clamps and one non-original Kahler on there. The original JT6 ones were hoarded by the eBay gougers. If
                        it stays in tune
                        and you are happy with it and then it's all good.

Comment

Here's the finished string-lock

Comment

Working...
                          X