Jackson website...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson website...

the new is cooler. jet black looks liek a homo.

Comment

VitaminG: [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      great website! It took about 2 minutes to become my favorite! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

my first post here, cool site!! imho the old jackson web site was very amateurish, looked like a personal home page. cool info, but not professionally presented. new site is pro and will work wonders for Jackson getting taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxxon:
          ...will work wonders for Jackson getting taken seriously.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe, but when I look at it I take it less seriously. It looks like a website for a toy manufacturer rather than a producer of high quality musical instruments.
          Granted the new site is easier to navigate and such, but I guess it just seems sort of juvenile. Compare www.jacksonguitars.com and www.hamerguitars.com ...to me, the hamer site looks just seems to look more professional even without all the fancy graphics.

...but it's no big deal, as long as jackson doesn't start making their guitars out of plastic(cough...ESP...cough) i'll be happy.

[ December 06, 2002, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: IRM ]

Comment

to each his own, I guess... for an electric guitar site I have to admit that I personally find the Hamer site pretty boring and stiff looking in comparison. remember this is rock-n-roll, not car tires! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the new Jackson site. I think it looks better than the Hamer site. Hamers' looks more amaturish i think. It has no flare no sparkle. It looks generic almost looks like the one I did for my guitar collection a while back. I like the Scotch tape look of the pic of the endorsers. It looks like a club wall that somebody put a picture up on. Is that wrong? No. It looks cool and has a more personal level and more apeal. To me anyway.
              just my two cents.
              Gil

Comment

I prefer the new site. The old site had very amature typography and layout conventions. And there was absolutely no reason for it to be created in Flash.

I think Jackson has hand a brand image problem over the years. From year to year the catalogs changed design, sometimes pretty radically. There was no consistency except for the instruments and the Jackson/Charvel logos. Same thing goes for the advertising over the years.

Maybe the look of the new site is part of Fender's plan to bring consistency to the public face of Jackson and to definitively position Jackson in the marketplace.

Comment

No fair Venom. You have an unfair advantage to everybody else. You must disqualify yourself from this thread immediately. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's not fair to use your secret powers to be right in a discussion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

JP's Tech. in case you're wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:

Maybe they could get some tips here
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The "Guitar" bit was hilarious!!!

Mer

Comment

this site looks way better, at least they're actually showing some jackson artists..the guy with the glow rhoads and all that **** over his body looks friggin' awesome

Comment

I don`t like the [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] New Jacskon site, too Flashy and doesn`t have all of the info [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] the old one had. The old one was very Professional [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] in my book. I like Plain Jane sites with lots of info, guess what the old one had it, the New [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] one doesn`t. You don`t need flash to have a great site and by the way, Hamer [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] guitars are every bit as good as Jacskon [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] guitars, I own both and do know as I speak, they are just different but very high quality [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

as I said in another thread the old site was more liek a personal home page... very cool and packed with info, great for people who already are fans of the brand but probably a huge turnoff for newcomers.. the info archives, etc, would probably be more suitible for a fan site like this (hint-hint).

Comment

I can dig it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I guess Fender is going after the [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Ibanez and ESP players out there, I really don`t blame them, but the site is boring to me thats all and they aren`t targeting me [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Jack.

[ December 07, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Hey Stars, good to see you hear. Still waiting for your email on your forthcoming project.

I gave this thread some more thought last night.

If you look at all the major guitar companies out there, for better or for worse, they have a pretty strong positioning in the marketplace:

Gibson: goes for nostalgia and $$$. They know people will pay cash for their guitars.

Fender: nostalgia, but a bit quirky. Like Gibson, they have a legacy that crosses musical genres and people are willing to pay to be a part of that.

PRS: they go for the glory shots of their guitars in their ads and try to play up the quality...and for some reason their guitars wind up in the hands of every freakin band out there. So they have enormous visibility and endorseres that won't say a bad thing.

Ibanez: like PRS, in the hands of the new bands. They seem to have a "we're hip, we've ben around, and we can cater to the rocker (and even the jazz player" attitude.

Dean: hot chicks and an old school vibe.
                              They are also capitalizing on the new USA made guitars.

Jackson/Charvel: uh...what's the message? Is it custom? Is it reasonable price? Is it nostalgia?

IMHO, Jackson should capitalize the HELL out of the made in USA badge. They should taunt the other companies with the story of hand applied binding, paint, etc. High quality foreign lines. A custom shop that will do ANYTHING for ANYONE at a price that's worth it but won't make you cry like Gibson. I think they could use the 80s to their advantage. They're not vintage like Gibson, but they're the new vintage metal axe that's still going strong.

Anyhoo, I could go on for days. Bottom line...Jackson needs to send a distinct message to the marketplace.

Comment

Yup... I knew it. As usual Venom, to the point, 100% accurate, indisputable facts, and with logic a conference room full of Project Managers can't argue with.

It is apparent that the previous owners left Jackson to their own devices and that they had become little more than an after thought. Thus they were left to flounder in the vast guitar market like a ship without a rudder.

Fender has been very savvy at how to identify their product with their target audience. As Venom and I know it is not necessary for ownership to be completely immersed in the product line (as in living and breathing it the way the JCF folks do) in order to accomplish this.

What is needed from Fender is to identify who the core audience is that the line appeals too (like they did with pre-existing Fender fans,) and then how to appeal to an untapped audience of guitar players (as they have done with Fender proven by the huge proliferation of the brand we see out there.)

This Rev of the Jackson site will most likely be one of many as they refine who they are going after and as they learn more about who's hands these guitars are winding up in.

I would say this is just a quick switch to a polished look from what was a cumbersome site.
                                And that is not meant to be disrespectful to Kevin. I've been in his shoes and I am amazed he was able to get that site done with all he had to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X