Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Model Numbers

Hi.

New to these forums (but certainly not new to Charvel and Jackson guitars).

The above being said:

Does anybody know what the different Jackson model numbers mean??? As an example: the Jackson JS Series JS32 consists of a number of different model numbers e.g. JS32Q, JS32TQ, JS32DKA, the list goes on and on. I have a Jackson and it's model number ends with QM3TB DKA FB QM (it's a JS32 "something"). What do all of these codes mean??? Main reason I ask: I can find any number of Jackson JS32 guitars that look identical to me e.g. all of those with the Jackson Floyd Rose trem. look identical (barring the different colors of course) and, what's more, I cannot see any difference in the specs. (but I'm thinking maybe I'm missing something here).

Regards,

Dale.

Well, Q cans stand for quilted, QM might be quilted maple. T can be for trem or tune-o-matic, DK usually means dinky shaped body, r or rr for rhoads. Dont know what the a or b means. B was usually for bass. It is mind boggling for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
      I have a Jackson and it's model number ends with QM3TB DKA FB QM (it's a JS32 "something").
      I don't think that's the correct sequence of letters and numbers, but there are enough clues to piece it together.

Specific to your model, JS32 is the series/model. It's from the JS Series which is Jackson's most affordable product line. The 32 is one of the higher end models within the JS Series, which usually has the nicest appointments including binding, double-locking tremolo bridges, nice finishes, etc. The 2x and 1x have fewer appointments (more plain, simpler hardware/bridges, etc.).

DKA is Dinky Archtop. That's the guitar model/shape.

Usually, QM and TB likely correspond to Quilted Maple and Transparent Black, which is the topwood and the color/finish respectively. In a JS Series Jackson, the Quilted Maple is very likely a thin veneer of Quilt Maple, since a true quilted maple cap is an expensive feature.

I'm guessing it looks something like the below example, which is listed as a JS32 Dinky DKA-M Q (Trans Black). In this example, DKA-M corresponds to Dinky Archtop with Maple fretboard, and the lone Q at the end corresponds to Quilt (the finish). If not, then post some photos of your guitar and it would be easier to identify it that way.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-17-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X