Jackson updated their website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson updated their website

I see Jackson has a shiny new website and forms for Custom Selects.

No mention of Masterbuilt guitars only photos/bios of the builders. Wonder whats going on with the Masterbuilt stuff cause I would like to order a double rhoads next year.

Also says under Rob Cavestany's profile that the Death Angel can be ordered from the custom shop.
    Last edited by Aso; 10-19-2017, 12:26 PM.

Yup, and even though I was told via email that they would correct the 'Dinky is a streamlined Soloist' bullshit, it still remains.
    What a stupid bunch of idiots. They make the guitars and know nothing about them.
    More arguments are inevitable.

Who's gonna believe the owner of a Dinky and Soloist that says they're the same size when the people who make them say differently?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The people making the guitars aren't running the site. Between production and marketing lies an often insurmountable gulf. This is not a circumstance peculiar to Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        The people making the guitars aren't running the site. Between production and marketing lies an often insurmountable gulf. This is not a circumstance peculiar to Fender.
        Mike Shannon isn't maintaining the site?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I realize the builders aren't running any site, but when drawing up catalogues and websites offering history lessons it would seem the place to gather info would be the builders.
          I spoke with the head of consumer relations who said he would pass the Dinky/Soloist size info on to the marketing team.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Yup, and even though I was told via email that they would correct the 'Dinky is a streamlined Soloist' bullshit, it still remains.
            Where do you see the "Dinky is a streamlined Soloist" blurb? I poked around and couldn't find it.

There are probably other errors floating around, which I will give the benefit of the doubt and attribute to growing pains of the new website. For example, the "Electronics" diagram seen on https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...chlorine-burst shows a 3-pickup arrangement, despite this guitar having two pickups. I haven't poked around on the new website long enough to identify other errors.

That being said, I think the new website looks gorgeous with a much more intuitive layout (versus the previous design). They clearly designed it with mobile users in mind. A quick browse using my cellphone confirms this. And of course it's easy to browse on desktop which is still my preferred method.

I really love this color chart! https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/color-chart
            Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/shape#dinky

Most 2012 and later catalogues have basically the same thing.

Comment

Ah thanks. I hadn't realized that Gear --> Shape was clickable and would display an entirely new Shape menu (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/shape). I was originally looking at the Dinky menu (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/shape/dinky) and couldn't see where that silly streamlined blurb was.

Comment

Maybe for fun I'll ask for a quote on a Dinky masterbuilt with a larger "Soloist" size.

Comment

Shit, you can order a Death Angel now? That's good news!

Comment

A few years ago, I tried to order a Dinky-ized Roundhorn V. Thought it would be great looking, and a good way to get around the "no Gibbys" rule with an original body design.

Sadly, they wouldn't do it.
                      Last edited by shreddermon; 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Maybe for fun I'll ask for a quote on a Dinky masterbuilt with a larger "Soloist" size.

I'd like to hear the response to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

I'd like to hear the response to that.
                          Yes and also a Zoraxe headstock.

Comment

Also I'd like the "lighter" Dinky body to be chambered so it's even lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                              Shit, you can order a Death Angel now? That's good news!
                              I talked to my dealer about asking about one. Add it to sit along with my death warrior.

Comment

Working...
                              X