Black vs Black Forest vs Metallic Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black vs Black Forest vs Metallic Black

I am planning to custom order a reverse headstock RR1 without inlay and trying to decide on color: Black vs Black Forest vs Metallic Black

Can you post your Jackson guitars if they are in one of these three colors?

Thanks!

Black Forest is actually a very dark metallic green.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1. Black Forest is a very dark green, I used to own one. Not much metallic to it, though. Just imagine mixing like half black and half green paint together. Very hard to photo well.

Comment

Couldn't find a USA BF, but here's a Japanese DKMG in Black Forest.
        This shows how dark they can be, but many I've seen can be quite green under lighting.
        I'm speaking imports, I haven't seen enough USA BF to remember if they differ from the imports.

[IMG][/IMG]
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I agree with everyone else on Black Forest. Really cool that's not another black guitar.

Comment

Was black forest one of the colors on the toothpaste-logo'd Japanese made Charvels? I have a 650XL in nearly that color which looks black unless photographed with a flash.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I prefer gloss black. I think the metallics look kinda cheap unless it's big flake metallic.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                Was black forest one of the colors on the toothpaste-logo'd Japanese made Charvels? I have a 650XL in nearly that color which looks black unless photographed with a flash.
                Probably pretty similar. I think they were just noted as dark metallic green.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This was the catalog pic of my old KE2T. It was a lot darker in person, though, trust me. More black than green looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	2448379

Comment

https://www.jcfonline.com/attachment...4&d=1400518700

Comment

Working...
                    X