Whammy Bar for Charvel 2 question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy Bar for Charvel 2 question?

Hey Guys, got a used Charvel 2 guitar at a garage sale wonderful guitar wonderful deal. My question is however it was missing the whammy bar, does anybody know if a standard Floyd Rose whammy bar will fit the Jackson JT6 bridge? I have found Floyd Rose whammy bars very inexpensive on ebay, the ones how ever that say for Jackson or Charvel cost considerably more. They do look slightly different in the pictures too. I wish I had a true Floyd Rose whammy bar to try it with but I do not. Thanks Again for your time.

there is a push in bar for Ibanez that fits the JT-6, it can be found for less then $20.00. I have bought them from sam ash, and off the internet.

Comment

Thanks I will look into that for sure.

Comment

Was thinking the Kahler not the JT6.

Comment

You can retrofit a real Floyd/Schaller collar-type into the hole for the pop-in bar if you really want to. The pop-ins are nice, but after awhile the little plastic bushings need to be replaced because they wear down and make the arm wobble.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

www.fretsonthenet.com
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              +1

Edit: The Ibanez arms are hit or miss for me, clunky half the time, but the FOTN arms are always tight. The collar is just a better design.

Last edited by Axewielder; 09-09-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                You can retrofit a real Floyd/Schaller collar-type into the hole for the pop-in bar if you really want to. The pop-ins are nice, but after awhile the little plastic bushings need to be replaced because they wear down and make the arm wobble.
                Yeah, be careful with that, when the part on my bridge broke off (whatever the part that is screwed into the plate) I tried unscrewing it from the plate to replace it and it completely stripped out. that's why I had to replace the entire bridge when I did the re-fin on mine. the JT6 or whatever bridge designation on these guitars are shit.

sorry, i'll get off my soap box now. lol.

Honestly if you love the guitar and can afford it, just replace the entire bridge.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Thanks Everybody

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                    Yeah, be careful with that, when the part on my bridge broke off (whatever the part that is screwed into the plate) I tried unscrewing it from the plate to replace it and it completely stripped out. that's why I had to replace the entire bridge when I did the re-fin on mine. the JT6 or whatever bridge designation on these guitars are shit.

sorry, i'll get off my soap box now. lol.

Honestly if you love the guitar and can afford it, just replace the entire bridge.
                    I tried to pound out one of those with a hammer, and I ended up warping the entire damn baseplate. Argh! If you work slowly and carefully you can get that coupler off nearly every time.

Comment

Working...
                    X