Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel replacement neck from Music Emporium mail catalog

Hello Guys,

Back in the 90's there was a music catalog named Music Emporium that we got in the mail here in New Orleans. A friend of mine ordered a Charvel-style replacement neck from this catalog. It was a maple/maple with pretty wide fretboard (probably 1 3/4") and decent amount of shoulder with nicely rounded edges. Had a strat headstock. One of the best feeling necks I have ever felt.

Trying to find out the company who made these necks that were sold in the Music Emporium catalog. My friend traded this neck to me in the 90's, and I super-foolishly traded it to another friend for his '82 Fender American Strat neck. The white Fender Strat guitar with black pickguard and installed humbucker in bridge that this Charvel-style neck was installed on was later stolen, so it's gone for good. For all I know, it ended up in the massive trash piles after Katrina.

I would very much like to find out the company who sold these necks to try and get another one. It had the bare wood, buttery feel that was just fantastic. I'm still slapping myself for being so focused on having an official Fender neck that I traded this lovely neck for.

Any info on this venture would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher (Ponsarelli)

Was that a different catalog from Veneman's Music Emporium? They sold the real deal Jackson woodburn replacement necks in the 80's (not sure about the 90's).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Was that a different catalog from Veneman's Music Emporium? They sold the real deal Jackson woodburn replacement necks in the 80's (not sure about the 90's).
      I believe Veneman's was in Connecticut or Maryland? I got my '94 Dinky HX from them that was advertised in their newspaper/catalog.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Yes, I found the full name of the catalog "Veneman's" after I had submitted my post. At least I believe it was Veneman's. This would have been the early 90's, so really not sure about the source of the necks, but I am very sure about the fact that it was the best feeling neck I have played. That's why that neck is in my history of stupid trades!! What was I thinking, lol !!

Ponsarelli

Comment

Working...
        X