Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actually went to Jacksonguitars.com for the first time in ages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually went to Jacksonguitars.com for the first time in ages...

...as I've been usually just following on the Facebook pages for new models but today I was sadly shocked! I was looking thru the USA Series models as I recently sold off a 2000 RR1 Cherry Sunburst Flame maple with matching HS. I only chose that guitar to sell because it had a Floyd which I really don't use, and that I knew it would sell fast and being out for surgery and temporary disability takes a month to pay....and the mortgage had to get paid. 2 days after the sale the money came in, but the mortgage was already taken care of. So now I'm searching for either a Rhoads or other USA Jackson V with flame or quilted maple top and no trem. To my surprise, Jackson only makes the V's and Kellys (as well as soloists) in Black or White, yet every description says "(flame maple top and chrome hardware on trans finishes)." What trans finishes? While I like the Pro Series guitars (love my Monarkh) let's not kid ourselves, the tops aren't great. They look good from a distance, but have no depth. My custom Chinese King Kelly copy has a way better top on it than the Monarkh or my KVXT. What the hell happened that there is only choices of Black and White???? Even the custom Select guitars, no trans finishes to be seen. So if I want a maple top trans finish I have to go full on custom or masterbuilt? Is that really how it is now or is the website just bad? REALLY DISSAPOINTED!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

I'm not sure what colors jackson is using on standard usa production models, but I'm pretty sure that they've been doing at least runs of different colors, and dealers still get runs of "special" colors. As far as tops, idk that they were ever very common. I think it's been a few years since I've even seen a trans finish. The last I remember was the trans blue, but I haven't seen one in a while.

Also, the Jackson site wasn't very good last time I went there, it wouldn't surprise me if it were just missing information.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

The last brand new USA I got was after the FMIC buyout and was my KV2T in Burnt Cherry Burst. I did have to wait a couple months for it to be built with the batches they did back then, but it was offered as a standard color with no upcharge. That is no longer a choice. (incidentally, I do believe that I have the only KV2T ever done in that finish as I have never seen another and any time I challenged anyone to find a pic of another, they always came back with a pic of mine)

Anyway, it seems funny that there are ONLY 2 COLOR choices on these USA's......sad.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Yeah, the production models are down to a colour or two. I'm almost certain the order form for the Custom Selects offer a trans finish in many colour choices for like $100 that would surely include a maple top.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I was shocked to how plain these guitars look now... Black or white are the color options.. everything else is custom shop... I guess I'll keep all of my Jacksons now... And those prices WOW... $1100 for Grave Yard and $700 for LH KE?? Thank god Charvel is now producing some nice lefties.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Those are MSRP prices, so the hit isn't quite as bad.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X