• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CITES information now on the Jackson (FMIC) website

http://jacksonguitars.com/support/cites/
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Ebony monopolized by Martin (or was it Taylor?), Rosewood off of the shelves, not long 'til we're constructing guitars from pigshit and beercrates

Oh well, the good news would be that Rosewood FB guitars may fetch a pretty penny in about 300 years from now
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Taylor bought the factory / infrastructure in Africa yeah, but not sure that's a bad thing. If it means that they can manage the resource and so now they use all the of ebony tree, not just the purest black parts, I'm all for it..

Comment

They really need to grandfather in guitars or other items that were built before the new laws went into effect.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how that works, but you'd think that if something was made prior to the law coming into effect it would be exempt. How could anyone be expected to provide proof of the source of rosewood on a 58 strat?..

Comment

That's presumably part of the strategy. Most things containing rosewood would likely fall into furniture and instuments. Two things that last a very long time. That means they can sell permits for a very long time. It's revenue out of thin air.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Now when this went into effect I remember the Dean Guitars website had posted, not available overseas or can not export but a few months ago I think The new administration dropped this... the Dean Guitars site doesn't have that listed below each instrument anymore. I'm not shipping anything outside the states anyway.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
              X